Tuesday, February 17, 2015

30 before 30





I made this list over 3 years ago.  It has changed a little, but it has been SO much fun to have this list!  I am so proud of all I have accomplished and all the FUN I've had!  


Here's to turning 30 in TEN days!!



1-Take the kids to Disneyland                                                 
DONE HERE
2- Run a ½ Marathon                                                               
DONE HERE
3- Have another child                                                              
DONE HERE
4-Do the Dirty Dash or some kind of Mud Run                      
DONE HERE
5- Go to the Festival of Colors                                                
DONE HERE
6- See “Wicked”                                                                      
DONE HERE   
7- Make a food using one ingredient I've never heard of.       
DONE HERE
8-Go to “The Forgotten Carols”                                              
DONE HERE
9- Master a song on the piano                                                  
DONE HERE
10- Buy new kitchen cabinets                                                  
DONE HERE
11- Get new living room furniture                                           
DONE HERE
12- Read a classic novel                                                          
DONE HERE
13- Do a DIY project                                                               
DONE HERE  and HERE
14- Do a day of service                                                            
DONE HERE
15- Go to the Hill Field Museum
DONE HERE
16-See the 2 headed lamb at the Daughters of Utah Museum
 DONE HERE
17- Invent a new recipe                                                          
DONE HERE
18- Do SOMETHING with our cement pad.                           
DONE HERE
19- Take the kids to the beach                                                
DONE HERE
20- Try a new food (a fig perhaps)                                          
DONE HERE and HERE
21- Try at least 3 new restaurants                                            
DONE HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE
22- Update the main bathroom                                                
DONE HERE
23- Make a quilt                                      
DONE HERE
24- Finish my Personal Progress (for the 2nd time).  
DONE HERE
25- Get new bedding for bedroom .    
DONE HERE  
26- Try a challenging recipe                      
DONE HERE and HERE
27- Re-learn how to do a back-flip on the trampoline
DONE HERE
28- Write a children’s book (just for my kids)
DONE HERE
29- Go on an over-nighter with just Darin        
DONE HERE
30-Go to a show at Tuacahn                           
DONE HERE  


And, I know it may be unusual, but I loved this list so much, I made a 40 before 40 list--and I'll be posting it soon!!


7 comments:

McKenzie said...

Ooooo! Can I re-write mine? You've got some great ones. I was trying to think of something crafty and a DIY project is the perfect way to say it! Have fun and good luck!

Amy said...

Hmmm. How about you drive to St. George while you read Pride and Prejudice, stop and see a show at the Tuachan, then head down to Cali where we'll meet you at Disneyland, and then go to the beach the next day. You're welcome to stay at our place where you could relearn the back-flip on our trampoline, use a recipe with one ingredient that we've never heard of and we'd even watch your kids for a night while you guys spend some time together. Deal? Sounds great to me. And then you'll have only 23 things left on your list to do in the next 3 years. I like this plan!

Eliza said...

What a great idea! I should do one myself... though I only have 15 months to complete my list.

Ash said...

Clair De Lune? Not giving yourself an easy one to master there are ya? And for a classic novel, might I suggest and highly recommend the Count of Monte Cristo. It's forever long, but SO worth it!

DeAnna Packer said...

I am counting on you learning Clair de Lune.... and I would like you to play it (without the music) at my funeral!!!

A request from your Aunt DeAnna

Sarah said...

Cute idea! I might steal it...although I have less time and might have to make a much simpler list!

Courtney N said...

Congrats on finishing your list! I won't be so lucky. I didn't take into account when I made my "30 Before 30 List" that I would be working 7 days a week on a pipeline for two years. I'll just have to roll over somethings onto a "40 Before 40 List" :-)