Sunday, April 21, 2013

Andrew's Birth Story


We are in love!

This little baby boy has stolen our hearts!
I know that most parents feel this way, but I really do think he is the cutest baby!

Thursday morning was the big day of his arrival.

7:00 we drop Matt and Lindsay off to my parents’ house.
7:30 we check in to Lakeview.  
(One of the nurses answered the “check in phone” saying, “Welcome to the morgue” thinking we were part of the staff.  We all got a good laugh out of that.)
8:30 I get changed, debriefed, and Dr. Ward comes in to break my water.
9:00 I start the Pitocin drip and contractions began.  Darin and I visit, laugh (especially at Darin's impressions),  and eat snow cones and ice chips.
10:30 I get the epidural and life is WONDERFUL
12:10 My nurse, Mary Ann, checks me and I’m dilated to a 6.  She guesses I have about 3-4 hours left.
12:15 Mary Ann can’t find Andrew’s heart beat so she checks me again, and I am complete.
12:20 Calls Dr. Ward and the equipment comes in.
12:25 We do a “practice push.”
12:30 We do a real push and Andrew is OUT!

One of the first things I noticed about Andrew is how SMALL his head was, only to find out that he is in the 95th percentile for head circumference.  It made me realize how big Lindsay’s head REALLY was.  (Andrew’s head was 38cm and Lindsay was 48cm).  When he came out he held his breath a couple of times but then he did great.













































Happy BIRTH Day little Andrew!



13 comments:

Mom C said...

Oh He is so cute!!! Congratulations Gunnersons!

yay_for_redheads said...

Truth, most parents say that. HOWEVER.....he is probably one of the CUTEST baby boys I have ever seen. I'm excited for you guys!!!!!

KYoho said...

Haylee, he really is SO cute! He kind of looks like your other babies but has his own look too. Such a cute little guy! Great pictures, I am so happy for your little family!

Naazju said...

I love, love, love his double chin shot. SO CUTE.

Also, has anyone ever told you that you look ridiculously GORGEOUS right after labor? Yeesh, lady! ;)

Natasha said...

4 hours! I think it's safe to say things went well. I can't believe you went from a 6 to complete in 5 minutes. Crazy. He really is one adorable little guy.

Julie said...

He is so beautiful, Haley, and so blessed to come to your darling little family. I'm glad things went well. Congratulations!

Jadi said...

Haylee, He is ADORABLE!! I got tears in my eyes when I saw the pictures. I can't wait to see him in person this summer!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Darin and Liesel said...

OH I love birth stories and I love babies. I totally got teary eyed looking at Andrew pictures. He really is such a cute, cute baby! Congrats!

McKenna said...

He is adorable!!! I can't believe how fast your labor was! Also, you look so good for having just had a baby. It's a little bit crazy. You have such a beautiful family and what a lucky little boy to be born to so many people who love him! That picture of his chunky leg sticking up on the scale is to die for! Congratulations!!!

Haylee said...

Wow!!!! What a handsome baby, looks a lot like his dad. Haylee you are so beautiful you continue to amaze me in all that you do!!

Haylee said...

Ha ha. Thanks Darin!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Congratulations! I am so happy to hear that everything went so well. He is so cute! I can totally see Darin and Matthew in him. Can't wait to see him in person, and mostly smell him and rub his soft baby skin!

Shauna said...

Oh Haylee! He is so perfect! Way to go and what a beautiful little boy! So happy for you guys. Newborns just make might my heart want to burst with love! So sweet :)