Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I Got My Fig Fix!!


When I was in 3rd grade, our Librarian read the book, “The Sweetest Fig” to us.  I LOVED that book!  The illustrations are beautiful, the story is well written, and it has a fun twist that I wasn’t expecting as an eight year old.

That was back in 1993, and since then I have wanting to try a fresh fig--almost 20 years!  

Well, Monday morning there was a knock on the door, with a zip lock back of fresh figs!  My sister bought a box from Costco and she kindly shared them with me!

We tried some raw, and then I found a recipe for “Blue Cheese Soufflé with figs and honey” so we decided to give that a try.  I’ve also wanted to make a soufflé for a long time, so this was a perfect time.  Let me tell you—they aren’t as difficult as people lead on.  The only hard part is getting a picture before it falls.  They are gorgeous right when they come out.  These pictures don’t do it justice.


So, here are some pictures of our fun with figs!  Thanks Heather for providing the figs!

My first fig!


The Blue Cheese Soufle!!  For the recipe click HERE.


Reading "The Sweetest Fig" and eating figs before bed.

1 comment:

The Johnson Family said...

I'm curious.. Did you like the figs? What about the souffle?
I've ever tried one either.