Wednesday, June 6, 2012

SEW cute!!!

Yesterday I was looking at our cute cousin Amy’s blog.

Her daughter was wearing THE cutest swimsuit I’ve ever seen.

You can see how cute it is HERE.

Well, I went to J.Crew, only to find it was $55.  Ya, I’m not paying that.

So, with a little help from my mom, we made this:





It’s not exactly like J.Crews, but I LOVE it!


And guess how much it cost us to make it!?
$2.00! 
Oh ya!!  Just saved $53!  Happy day!





Thanks mom for the help!


(*Disclaimer: We didn’t sew this whole suit from scratch.  We bought two of the exact same swimming suit, and just cut up the 2nd one to make the ruffle).

4 comments:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

So cute! My mom used to make our swimsuits, but I don't know if I am ready for that yet ;) Awesome job, and your model is stinkin cute in it.

Amy said...

Oh my goodness! That's so cute! I don't think I'd have the patience to sew a swimsuit. Great job! {oh . . . and I totally didn't buy it for $55. We're poor law school students that found it on clearance at the end of summer last year for $15! Yay for clearance!} So cute! What an adorable model.

Kristy said...

I LOVE crew cuts but I LOVE how creative you are even more! I am with Amy though, always get it on sale there. I saw the red anchor swimsuit today. LOVE it! Can't wait to get swimming!

Jadi said...

It turned out so cute, Haylee!! Good job!