Monday, February 16, 2015

#22 Update the main bathroom


My least favorite bathroom has been our “main bathroom.”  It is the one that most people use when they come to our house, it is my least favorite layout of the three, it is the smallest, and I haven’t loved the way it looked.

I thought the improvements we did when we first moved in were big improvements but I still wasn’t sold on it.  I gave myself a budget of $40 and decided to update it one more time.  This time, I am REALLY happy with how it turned out.

Here is how the bathroom looked when we bought the house.


Yes, that is CARPET in the bathroom!


Here is how it has been for the past 4+ years.  


We ripped out the carpet and added tile.  We switched the toilet with the master bath, got a new shower curtain, towels, and we painted the medicine cabinet and cupboards black.  I thought it was better but didn’t LOVE it.

Here is how it looks now.


I got rid of the huge bulky medicine cabinet and put up a white mirror.  I painted the cabinets and light fixture white and got a new faucet, new hardware, towels, and shower curtain.  I also added the shelf with and changed to plant on the toilet. 

One day, I would still like to “gut” this bathroom, but for now I am REALLY happy with the change!


No comments: