When we bought the house the people who lived there before were DEFINITELY not afraid of colors!! (As you will soon see!!) They also were big cat fans, and the house REEKED of urine and feces! It was pretty nasty!! We ripped out the carpet (which was also in both bathrooms) scrubbed the floor with some chemical cleaner stuff, but is was still pretty bad! We used a black light to see where the problem areas were, and that was pretty gross by itself! We used KILZ and that did the job!! Wahoo!! Mom also found some poop underneath the stairs and filled half a garbage can full of poop!! YUCK!!
Now, the moment you have been waiting for…..The BEFORE PICTURES!!!!!
BEFORE:






Here are some of the pictures of us working! We ripped out the carpet (as mentioned earlier), ripped out the baseboards and casings, , added new baseboards and new casings, painted those, masked everything, painted everything, tiled the bathrooms and the kitchen, and several other things as well. It was really frustrating because it seemed like for every step forward we took we also took 10 steps back!! But, we are pretty much there! We have a few little jobs left to do, but nothing too demanding!
Working:
And last, but not least…..the final product!!!
After:
Living Room

Kitchen

Bathroom

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom

2nd Bedroom (Matthew's Bedroom)
3rd Bedroom (Matthew's Office)

3rd Bedroom (Darin's Office)

4th Bedroom (Matthew's Next Bedroom)

5th Bedroom (Weight room for now)

3rd Bathroom


Family Room

Family/Dinning Room

Backyard

The End!!
16 comments:
Your house is amazing! And I LOVE Matthew's current bedroom. So stinkin cute! Oh, and I don't think I can EVER own a cat, eew. Good work cleaning out all the gross cat remnants. Enjoy your home!
Its darling! You guys did an amazing job. Congrats!
WOW!! What a transformation from when we saw it last - it looks AWESOME!! Great job to all who was involved!! Is that piano in the family/dining room??
Very impressive! I'll know who to call if I need house repairs! :) Did you paint all that in Matthew's room? Super adorable!
Haylee- Your house is darling!! Love it. You guys did such a great job. We sure miss you guys. We definitely need to get together sometime soon!!
Thanks for sharing the pictures! I was so excited to see them. I love everything you guys did! Matthew's room is adorable!!!
It all looks so great! Great job you guys! I must say I am sad we are not "next-door" neighbors anymore, but atleast you are not too far!
Beautiful you guys! I Love it! Good thing you took before and after pictures so you can look back and appreciate all the hard work you put into your home!
Once again...great job!
-Erika
Oh Haylee! Your house looks so wonderful! I would love to come see it! Looks like you've done a ton! I'm jealous! Five bedrooms! Wow! Matthew's room is so cute! Who painted the walls?
Holy COW! Your house looks amazing!!! Good job! I bet it feels so good to almost be done!
Your house is lovely! I was so happy you were home when we dropped by and thank you for giving us a tour. (Jon and I are house-hungry now!) All of your hard work has paid off, your home is beautiful!
Looks so great! I am sorry that I wasn't able to come visit before we left, but I will be back soon! I miss you already!
Adorable home...looking forward to seeing it in person. Call us!
Those are AMAZING! I love what you guys did with the place!
You have all done a GREAT job! We are so happy for you!
I just found the house. The before and after shots are superb.
Who is the artist in Matts room?
A darling house for a Darling litle family!!!
Post a Comment