Friday, January 17, 2014

Lindsay's Ballerina Birthday Party

Lindsay had her ballerina birthday party today.
I usually don't like to toot my own horn, but...
TOOT!!
I think this may be my favorite party I've ever done!
And, I did the whole party (food, decorations, and tutus), for $12!!  Woo hoo!!

Lindsay wanted a ballerina birthday this year.
She had two of her cousins, Grace and Eliza, come to the party.
And my mom was so gracious to let us do it at her house!  Thanks mom!
We had a little lunch, a few games, opened presents, 
and then we ended with having two DARLING ballerinas come teach the girls some ballet.  
(My cute niece Becca and her cute friend, Camille).

I thought the party turned out great, and Lindsay did too!

Happy Birthday sweet girl!


The cake I made.  Lindsay saw one similar to this that she liked, and I attempted to recreate it.




For lunch we had wraps, fruit, yogurt, salad, pink lemonade, and cupcakes.




I found these cute boxes for 4 cents each!  STEAL!!








I made the girls these matching tutus, I thought they turned out cute!


Playing duck, duck, goose--they didn't quite get the concept, but it was cute.



Playing "Ballerina Says."


Opening gifts!




And our ballet lesson from our special guests!!


Showing the girls how to dance on POINT!!




Cute! Cute! CUTE!





I just realized I used "Cute" 8 times.  But I think it was deserved!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUTE LINDSAY!!!



8 comments:

mary elizabeth said...

So cute!!

Holly said...

So Very CUTE! You are amazing, my dear. Lindsay is adorable! I miss seeing you and your little family. Love you!

Meredith Shatzer said...

Heather has NOT stopped talking about this party since they got home. Jane would DIE to have this party this year. How do you feel about people stealing all of your ideas?? Another idea I need to steal - did you make Lindsay's bedding? I've been looking for one for Jane and can't find one that I like that isn't super cheap fabric but didn't know how hard one was to make. Everything you do is amazing!!

Heather Morgan said...

This is ridiculously cute!! Oh my goodness. HOW did you make that cake? How'd you do the frosting? I must have details! So adorable!!

Kristy said...

Yea I might need to do a ballerina party someday. You seriously do the cutest things. I love it. Love. It.

Haylee said...

Steal away!! I steal most of my ideas anyway! As for Lindsay's quilt... I had the same problem except for all the fabric I liked was too expensive, so I didn't make it, I just bought it. Sorry, not much help.

Haylee said...

Heather, this is seriously the worlds easiest way to decorate a cake! It took me maybe 5 minutes! You just use buttercream frosting with a rose tip, then just do squiggly lines. Then I just changed the color every 5 rows! I'm telling you it is easy! And thanks for the sweet comment! :)

Haylee said...

Heather, this is seriously the worlds easiest way to decorate a cake! It took me maybe 5 minutes! You just use buttercream frosting with a rose tip, then just do squiggly lines. Then I just changed the color every 5 rows! I'm telling you it is easy! And thanks for the sweet comment! :)