Sunday, August 6, 2017

Louisiana Crawfish Boil

I checked another thing off my bucket list.....a Louisiana Crawfish Boil!!

My cousin, Blake, bout crawdad traps, and when I mentioned that this had always been a dream of mine, he included me in on the fun!  Blake caught all the crawfish, cleaned them (with Darin), and cooked them up with potatoes, corn, and sausage.  All I did was shucked the corn and put the newspaper on the table!  

I thought this would just be a fun experience, but it was WAY better than I even expected!  I kind of wanted to do this, just so I could say I did it.  I had intentions of only eating ONE crawfish, but I was surprised how good they were, and I ate my share! I was SUPER proud of my kids--they all ate them, and even "sucked the head" at least one time each (although I did have to bribe Lindsay with a pack of gum to get her to suck the head).  Andrew was disgusted when he sucked the head, but later, when his friend came by, he acted super cool and told his friend that he did it, and it tasted really good.  Ha!  Funny guy!



























THANK YOU SO MUCH BLAKE!!!  
IT WAS A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

No comments: