Sunday, July 2, 2017

"SURPRISE!!"

A while before Lucy was born, my mom asked me if I would like to go on one last little “outing.”  Of course I said yes, and she told me it was a surprise, but it would be the Saturday two weeks before my due date.

Well, when Lucy came early, I was surprised that my mom still wanted to take me on my “outing.”  I told her I didn’t think I would be up to it, but she said we were staying in the city and we wouldn’t be doing a lot of walking, so I agreed.

As I walked out to my mom’s car, my cute neighbor, Laurie, came running out of her house.  She asked me if I could come look at something she made for primary REALLY quick.  I ALMOST said no because I was just about to leave with my mom.  But my mom said I could go really quick and she’d wait for me.

Well, I was BEYOND SHOCKED when I walked into Laurie’s house with a bunch of my friends yelling, “SURPRISE!!”

They threw me the CUTEST little baby shower!!  Everyone was SOOO nice and SOOO generous!!  It was such a fun surprise!!  (And I'm sure she did it as a surprise because there is NO WAY I would have let her do this for me if I knew about it! Ha!)  It was a day filled with beautiful flowers, delicious food, wonderful friends, and more!

 One of the things about having a fourth child is that you really don’t NEED anything, but it sure is fun to have new cute things for Lucy!  And my friends have such great style and taste!  I LOVE the things they bought!

It was a wonderful day and I felt overwhelmingly loved!  I am so blessed to have such amazing, good, kind friends!!  Thank you friends!  Especially, thank you to Laurie!  You are an amazing friend, and I love you so much!!  









No comments: