Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Back to School Feast 2016

Monday we had our annual Back to School Feast!

I started to think about the new theme back at the end of the school year last year, and I came up with a really cute and clever theme but, as I prayed about it, I really didn't feel like it was what our family needed to focus on at that time.  I thought of a NEW theme, prayed about it, and got the same answer. Then, as I was reading some quotes from President Monson, I came across this quote:

"We can lift ourselves, and others as well, when we....cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude."

We prayed about it, and knew this was the right family theme for this year.

We started our feast by reviewing the past themes

2014- "Kindness Begins with Me" (and we did the "warm fuzzy jar")
2015- "Who Can I Serve Today" (and we did weekly family service projects)
2016- "Cultivate an Attitude of Gratitude" (and we plan on doing weekly thank you notes)

After we reviewed the old themes, and introduced the new theme, we gave each of the kids their own gratitude journal, and a new keychain for their backpack with the theme on it.

Next, we ate our "feast" and drank our sparkling lemonade, then Darin gave each of the kids (and me) a Father's Blessing.  It was a perfect summer night and we are all looking forward to the new school year!!







Making a wish for the new school year!



No comments: