Saturday, April 23, 2016

Monkeys in Aryshiyama!

Just like Takeshita street, I thought it would be fun to see some Japanese monkeys, but I didn’t put it on the “list.”  (Especially because Darin saw plenty of scary Japanese monkeys on his mission).  Well, we randomly found a place that said there were monkeys at the top of the mountain, but you had to pay to take the hike.  I didn’t want to pay to go up, unless I was certain there would be monkeys at the top.  We saw two Americans coming down the hike, and I asked them if there were monkeys at the top.  They said, “We don’t know, the hike was WAY too long!” 

We decided to try it, and the hike was BEAUTIFUL!  We made it to the top, and we saw LOTS of monkeys!  But they had signs warning you from making eye contact or getting too close.  There was a little hut at the top of the mountain where you could buy food and feed the monkeys behind a fenced window.  We did it, and it was SO fun!  We LOVED it!













No comments: