Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Matt's 1st Day of 1st Grade

I have been dreading this day all summer.
Matt has been anxiously awaiting this day all summer.

FIRST DAY OF 1st GRADE!!

It wasn't that long ago that I was TEACHING 1st grade.
I loved teaching 1st grade, and I am so happy for him, and I know he will love it.

I'm just super sad for me.

Matt was up, dressed, and in our room at 6:50, ready to go.
Too bad he had to wait for nearly 2 more hours!



He had been so happy all morning, until I asked him to close the car door.
For some reason, that set off a few tears.
(Which then set off a few tears from his mom).


They let the parents come into the classroom for a few minutes.
He was happy and well adjusted already.


I held it together the whole time I was with him.
After I left his classroom, I had to make a mad dash for the car.

This is what I look like every morning around 9:00am these days.


But, when I picked him up after school, it was,

"THE BEST DAY EVER!"
He gave it a perfect 10!


3 comments:

ERINR said...

Leaving them all day is so hard!!! You're such a good mom.

Dave and Mandi said...

I feel ya sister! Ugh so darn hard!! He looks so handsome and happy though! Definitely makes it a bit easier when they love it but still....

Courtney N said...

Aww! You are too cute! I can't imagine dropping my kids off on their first day of school. It looks like he had fun though!