Thursday, February 5, 2015

Aunt DeAnna

Last week my aunt DeAnna died.  Her funeral was amazing.  I learned a lot, laughed a lot, and cried a lot.  She was one of the most amazing women I’ve ever known.  Truly.  Amazing.  She is everything I aspire to be.  She is an incredible mother and her goodness has passed down to her wonderful children.


After the funeral, a friend came up to me and said, “Can I please be adopted into your family?” 
  How lucky I am to call these wonderful people “family.” 


Stop and look and you will find 
Exactly what you have in mind
For there will always, always be
The very things you want to see

If for the good you look each day 
And with kind words you choose to say
How nice it is! How kind you are!
Those things you'll find both near and far
If on the other hand you choose
To see the bad, then you will loose
For soon or late you always find
Exactly what you have in mind
DeAnna W. Packer

No comments: