Saturday, January 17, 2015

The Orange Chair & Power Tender Mercies


THE ORANGE CHAIR

Many people know that I LOVE parties! And I LOVE the details in a party.  I do realize that the details are probably more for me than Lindsay because she is so easily pleased.

After Lindsay decided on “rainbow gumball” theme (ha ha), I had an idea that it would be cute to have little chairs for each kid in the colors of the rainbow.  I only had 1 red chair, but my mom just happened to have yellow, green, blue, and purple.  That meant I only needed 1 orange chair.  I called about 6 stores—and they didn’t have ANY (let alone orange).  I posted a want ad for ANY color and thought I could just spray paint it.  Again, nothing.

Then, 2 days before the party, and still no chair, I said a little prayer telling Heavenly Father that I knew it shouldn’t be a big deal, but it was something that was important to me and to please help me find an orange chair.

That night at Relief Society, I was visiting with 3 friends and I had a feeling to ask if by any chance they had a red chair I could borrow (I had the thought that if someone had a red chair, I could paint my red chair orange).  My friend Camie said, “I don’t have a red chair, but I have one that I spray painted orange.”

I know that this story may not seem like a big deal, but it was just a little blessing to me to know that Heavenly Father was listening to my prayer and that he loves me.

THE POWER OUTAGE

The day before Lindsay’s party, I had a bunch of unexpected things come up that took away from me working on Lindsay’s party.  I started doing the prep work around 9:00 at night—which is normally my bed time.  At 11:30, I was so tired I decided to go to bed, then wake up early the next day.  As I got in bed, I had a strong feeling that I needed to go finish.  So, I got up, made cupcakes, frosting, a cake, jello, and charged the battery to the camera.

The next morning when I woke up, the power was OUT!  And it didn’t come back on until an hour before the party!  I felt so blessed that I had had that prompting to finish because if I hadn’t, nothing would have been done in time for the party!  I’m so thankful for a Heavenly Father that is mindful of me, and the little things that are important to me.


2 comments:

Camie and Tj said...

Haylee you are such a great example and I'm so grateful that I get to be your friend!!

Haylee said...

Thank YOU Camie, for coming that night, and being my answer to prayer!