Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bishopric Dinner


A week and a half ago Sister Ita, the 1st counselor’s wife, sent me a text to ask what she could bring to the bishopric dinner.  I told her I hadn’t heard anything about a dinner but I’d check with Darin and let her know.  Darin didn’t answer so I called the bishop’s wife and she said they were going to do one but it got canceled.
 
A few days later I got a call from the clerk’s wife asking the same thing.  Again, I told her I hadn’t heard of anything.  On Thursday, Sister Ita was driving by and again asked what she could bring to dinner.  I told her I didn’t know anything about a dinner, but Darin was just pulling up from work.  I asked him if he knew about a bishopric dinner and he said, “Oh ya, sorry, I forgot to tell you, everyone is coming to our house for dinner.”  Darin is always great at keeping me in the loop, so it was funny to me that he forgot this kind of important detail—that we were having15 people over for dinner!

So, I sheepishly returned calls and told the wives that they were right, and we threw together a quick dinner.  It was a really fun night, and great to be together. 



Landsaw's gave Andrew his very own Drumstick.
He LOVED it!



2 comments:

Ioana said...

Haha! Such a guy thing to leave out a "small" detail! :)
I love all the cute things you do with your family.

Amy said...

Haha! Love this. You are amazing!