Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Back To School

Going back to school.
Such mixed feelings and emotions for me.

Two years ago I wrote THIS post about how much I missed teaching.
This year, my feelings are completely different.
My feelings are similar to those feelings in college during finals week.
This is my last year with Matthew at home.
My own personal finals week.

Have I prepared Matt enough?
Does he know enough academically?
Will he be nice to the other kids and help everyone feel included?
Or do I need to use this last year for “cramming?”

I am so glad that I get to be home with this sweet boy.
And so glad that I get to teach him for one more year.
I think I might have a meltdown when he goes to kindergarten.
Here’s to the last year of having this boy all to myself!
And here’s to our last year of Pre-School!


And, oh boy, how this girl will miss her big brother next year!!



No comments: