Sunday, June 2, 2013

Improvements

Andrew had his baby blessing this weekend.
Since I knew we were going to have the family over for a luncheon afterwards, 
I've been working in the yard.

I'll admit, I'm not a lover of yard work--unlike my awesome farmer of a husband.
However, I couldn't help but smile over the improvements, and then take a picture.

I went back in my computer files, and found an old picture of our house to compare the two.
Then I REALLY saw the improvements!
 I'm really happy with the changes we've made in our few years here so far.

We've painted the garage door, front door, and light fixtures.
We replaced the ugly orange roof with a black one.
We've added more curbing, a tree, 5 boxwoods, and more flowers.
And slowly, our lawn is improving.
  
Look at the before and after and see if you can tell a difference, I know I can!


BEFORE

AFTER


I am really liking these new pots we added this weekend.
And the new black mat Darin bought be for mother's day.




We transplanted these hostas in the fall and I was worried they wouldn't come up....but they did!



I can't wait for the hostas, flowers, and canis to fill in a little more!


Yay for improvements!! 



2 comments:

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

Wow! What a difference! It looks great!

Angie and J.D. said...

Looks so different! Love it!