Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cousin Science Day

In the summer of 2007, I taught several week long science summer camps at the University of Utah.
I was thinking of some of the classes I taught and I thought it would be fun to do some of the activities with Matt and Lindsay.  And, since I was going to the work, I thought I'd invite the cousins over for the science day too. 
 I'm glad that I did, because we had SO. MUCH. FUN!!

We made solar ovens and cooked pizza and s'mores inside.



We made "molecules" with marshmallows and toothpicks.



We blew up balloons using baking soda and vinegar.





We made "Elephant Toothpaste."
(If you haven't done this before, you might want to look it up, it was really fun!)





This is what happens when you put a bar of ivory soap in the microwave:


Here is a picture of the kids watching the soap "grow."
(I LOVE Ellie's face).


Then we ate our pizza and s'mores from our ovens.






And last, the grand finale, diet coke and mentos.

This is my favorite picture of the whole day!!
Way to go mom!!



Yay for science and cousins!

2 comments:

Amy said...

So this totally beats my italian flag colored cake. :) What a fun idea!! And I love that picture of your mom. So funny!

DeAnna Packer said...

Living, Loving, and LEARNING.... How great is that! You are the best of the best!!! (And, Amy, I'll bet your italian flag cake was a smash hit also!)