Thursday, April 4, 2013

April Fools!

I know that a lot of people really don’t like April Fool’s Day.

I am NOT one of those people.


I LOVE April Fool’s Day!

I’m getting excited that my kids are getting older to start enjoying the holiday as much as I do.
This year was pretty simple.
The day pretty much consisted of “There’s a spider on your shoulder…..APRIL FOOLS!”

You’d think I’d get sick of 8 hours of those types of jokes, but I LOVED it,  mainly because of the cute giggles that followed.  I never got sick of giving the kids the reaction they were looking for.

Besides the spider joke, I did do two tricks that were kind of fun.

First, when Matthew was napping I drew a mustache (which he is still convinced that I drew whiskers), and since he was still sleeping so soundly, I picked him up and put him in the baby's crib.  I was worried about how he’d react, but he thought it was so funny, and “wished I would do that every time he took a nap.”


And for dinner we made meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potatoes on top. 
Both of the kids loved it!

Hope you had a happy April Fool’s Day!



No comments: