Friday, January 11, 2013

Blurb

A few years ago I was reading my friend Rachel’s blog.  
She wrote a post about a company that she made her family books through.
I looked into it, and decided to give it a try.

I LOVED it!  The program is easy to use, the quality is great, and the price is very reasonable.

Since Rachel introduced me to blurb.com I have made a book every year.

This week I just ordered my FOURTH book, and I can’t WAIT for it to come in the mail.


Now, just so you know, I’m not getting any discounts or anything from talking up this company, I just really like it!

I’ve done the math every time I’ve made a book, and it would cost me MORE just to print the pictures from Costco, than for me to make the whole book!  And I LOVE the way they turn out!

These books are the main reason why I blog—because I can easily turn my posts into a book.  They even have a feature to “slurp” all of the info (including pics) from your blog into your book!  (Although there is a LOT I put into the book that I don’t put on the blog, and things I put on the blog that don’t go into the book).

Here are a few pictures of my books:
I LOVE that they can do an “image wrap” as the cover. 





Taking pictures of my pictures doesn't make for great quality unfortunately. 


(My last three books have had 160 pages, but you can make them bigger or smaller).



 So, if you're interested in making a family album, I would highly recommend blurb.com!
And thanks Rachel for introducing me!!  I've LOVED it!

2 comments:

Andrew and Gina said...

I use blurb for family year books too! I've never used a black background before. I may have to look into that. Also I'm impressed how caught up you are. I'm only done laying out through October.

Stephanie Lee said...

My mother-in-law turns my blog into a book every year using blurb, too! You're right--the quality is great. They'll be nice to have for years to come!