Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Christmas Miracle

A few months ago, I mentioned that I had an anti-virus that wasn’t good for the baby.  I was getting monthly blood tests to monitor my levels of the anti-virus.  In December the baby was only two levels away from needing a blood transfusion (while still in utero).  If the levels got too high, the baby would go into anemic shock which would result in birth defects/brain damage.   I was a little nervous about it, especially because if I get too cold, it makes the levels increase, and well, it has been REALLY cold around here.

Darin gave me a priesthood blessing and said that the baby would be healthy without any damage.

A couple of days before Christmas I went in for my regular appointment to get the results of the last test and to get my blood tested again.  When I asked the doctor if my levels had changed, he said they had changed a lot, and took me out of the room over to his computer.  He pulled up the results of my last test and it said, “No anti-virtus detected.”  It is completely gone!   Yay!!  It really was the best Christmas present!

They also checked for Hydrocephalus (what Lindsay has), and they said this baby looks perfectly healthy!  So thankful for so many prayers on our behalf!  

7 comments:

Matt and Becca said...

That is amazing, Haylee! I'm so happy for you guys. I'd love to get together for a play date (indoors!) soon!

Sarah and Alex said...

Hooray! I'm so happy to hear that! :)

Ioana said...

That's wonderful, wonderful news!!! Truly a miracle! I'm so happy for you and hope that all will continue well with that precious little baby!

Stephanie Lee said...

So glad to hear this Haylee!

Bruce and Liss said...

What an amazing story and blessing. Thanks for sharing Haylee--and thanks for your awesome faith! Sure love you. Enjoy that cold and snow for us a little-NY is lacking A LOT this year!:)

Jena said...

SOOOO HAPPY!!!! :) BEST NEWS EVER!

KYoho said...

Haylee, you must have been so nervous!!! I'm so glad everything is working out to be ok! That is great news!