Monday, November 19, 2012

Saturday Is A Special Day!

Darin has been gone A LOT lately, and it seems like we've had days were we've seen each other for only 15 minutes or so.  However, this past Saturday we spent nearly the WHOLE day together! 

We woke up and my brother Ben took some family pictures for us.  And since none of us had had breakfast we splurged a little and went out to Kneaders! Always such a treat!  Matt LOVED getting to sit in the window with Eliza!


Later that afternoon we headed up to Park City with my parents to the Kimball Arts Center.  Back in 2002 Chihuly had some artwork come to SLC during the Olympics, and I LOVED his work.  He blows glass, and the things he makes are incredible!  Here are a few of his pieces:






They didn't have nearly as many pieces as SLC did, but it was still fun to see some of his work. Although, I will admit, I think my heart was beating about 200 times faster than usual.  I was so worried that I would lose control of one of my kids and they would break a piece. But we made it out OK!

After checking out the Chihuly exibit (which, by the way, is being shown until January 6th for free), we looked at the rest of the artwork in the museum.  Matt thought it was pretty fun that we went to TWO art museums in the SAME week!




 

What a WONDERFUL weekend!!

No comments: