Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Party!


Today was Matt’s Preschool Halloween Party.  

I don’t know what I was thinking, but I scheduled the party for the morning after our big donut party.  I didn't plan or prepare as much as I would have liked to, but it was still fun!

We started out by doing a pumpkin walk, where we sang a little song they learned in preschool, and when the song was over, we’d choose a letter that they've learned so far, and whoever was standing on that letter would win.

Next we played a cute game that my sister gave me called “Don’t Eat Pete!”  The card has all these different characters on it and an m&m on top of each one.  Then, we send one child away, and the rest of the kids choose which one is “Pete.”  When the kid comes back he gets to eat one m&m at a time, until he picks the wrong one and everyone yells “DON’T EAT PETE!”  And they all laugh and then it is the next person’s turn.




The next game, was also from my sister (Thanks Heather!), we played spider toss!  And the kids loved that!


Next we let the kids eat donuts on a string, and for some reason, I just couldn’t stop laughing!  It was so funny to watch them try to get the donuts!



Last, we ended with lunch which consisted of sand “WITCHES”, skeleton fingers (ok, I was really pushing it there), pumpkins, green goblin goop, and witch hats.




And for some of the kids, having a picnic in the living room was the best part!





No comments: