Tuesday, October 30, 2012

3rd Annual Gunnerson Donut Night


I LOVE doing donut night!  But, this has been a rough month and it has been really hard to find the energy and motivation to do the party.  Finally, on Sunday I realized I only had one more available day to do it, so if I was going to do it, I had to do it the next day.  Well, we somehow pulled it off, and even with the late notice, we had the biggest crowd yet. Our house was PACKED!  I was exhausted by the end of the night, but I was so glad that I did it!
(And by so glad I did it, I basically mean so glad DARIN did it, because he did ALL the frying!  Thanks love!)


We started out by delivering the invitations. We live on a “T” street, so we invite both streets, and Matt delivered every single one (about 50 houses)!

Then we prepped and made about 300 donuts!
We had a LARGE group!  I think we had about 100 people in the house at one point!


And my sweet man fried every donut.

And I got the easy job of dipping!  


This year we did both vanilla and maple donuts (Thanks for the idea Paula!)



Thanks to all of our awesome neighbors for coming!  We LOVE you guys!

Oh and some people have been asking for the recipe.  
If you'd like the recipe you can get it HERE.

2 comments:

Stephanie Lee said...

What a fun tradition! They look delicious. Wish I lived on your street. :)

weston'smommy said...

What a great idea I love it! I wish I was your neighbor.