Saturday, September 15, 2012

Brigham City Temple Open House

Today we were able to go to the Brigham City Temple open house.  It was beautiful!  
We had a little bit of a rough start (hence why everyone but Darin looks homeless), but we made it, and we were glad we went.



Our family in front of the temple.

A hallway.

The baptismal font.

The celestial room.


To learn more about why Mormons build temples click HERE.

After we went through the temple my grandpa Welling gave us a little tour of Brigham City.


We saw some cool places, read some newspaper articles, heard some stories, and learned a lot of new things about our family.  For example, have you heard of Brigham City Peach Days?  Well, today I found out that my great-great grandparents were in charge of the FIRST Peach Days!


This restaurant, just blocks from the new temple is where my great grandpa grew up.  
The parking lot is where their garden was.

Another home of a great-great grandparent.



This is the chapel where my great grandpa was the bishop for 20 year!  Whoa!  That is long!

We ended the tour at the cemetery.







You can read  some of my favorite stories about my great grandparents, on my cousin Lori’s blog 

You really should go read it, Lori wrote it with her mother, my aunt DeAnna.
They are both excellent writers, 
and the stories are inspiring even if you're not related!


Then, we got some lunch at Madox!










And visited a little side of the road produce stand.  






Love those kids!


3 comments:

Julie said...

Brigham City rocks and Maddox rules. We went to the open house on a Monday of all the crazy things so missed our dinner at Maddox. Boohoo. We get to stop quite often on the drive from Idaho to Bountiful which I guess makes up for it! Great pics cuz.

Naazju said...

Can I just say how much I love that your children were able to learn about their ancestors and spend time with a great-grandparent? I'm so happy you take the time to document these experiences and take pictures--they'll treasure them so much.

Rosalee said...

So I never realized that you and Lori are related to President Packer. I'm a little slow.. haha! Anyway, how closely are you related to him? And what a neat trip! I love learning about family history!