Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Eric Carle!!



After we had a party for Dr. Seuss, I thought we better do one for Eric Carle too.  
(Afterall, I do own more Eric Carle books than Dr. Seuss).


We started out with “Very Hungry Caterpillar Pancakes.”


Then we had “Very Hungry Caterpillar Sandwich.”


We also went to the zoo and read “To The Zoo” while we waited for the train.


We read “From Head to Toe” by the gorillas.


We read “Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear” by the polar bears.


Then we had a “Very Hungry Caterpillar” dinner.




I had every intention of doing all these activities on the same day, plus a couple of art projects, but it just didn’t happen.  

You’ll even notice that Matt isn’t dressed in the first picture, and sloppily dressed on the others.  So, this party ended up lasting a few minutes a day for three days.

Even though it wasn’t all on the same day, it was a fun extended birthday party! 

Happy Birthday Eric Carle!!

PS- If anyone wants the food signs or caterpillar--they're yours.
If not, we'll happily donate them to the recycling bin!






4 comments:

Kerilynn Cindrich said...

You are the cutest! I'll have to steal this idea; I LovE Eric Carle! We celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday, too; my daughter's birthday shares the same birthday.

Kristy said...

I really really don't know how you do it! I think I need a lesson in time management or I guess I need another baby so my kids can play together so I can get things done!

Dave and Mandi said...

Love love love. Eric carle is a favorite at our house...we may have to copy some of these darling ideas!!! You are so creative haylee!!!

Naazju said...

If you don't mind mailing them, I'd love to have the pictures. We had a Hungry Caterpillar party for Azucena's first, but I wanted to celebrate again and we definitely didn't have signs. :D

the Earleys
11837 S Elk Circle
Riverton, UT 84065