Wednesday, April 25, 2012

To the Zoo!

I used to work at a summer camp for kids with disabilities. I worked there for 6 years. I LOVED it!

 I ran into one of my favorite coworkers, Danielle, a few weeks ago, and she is still working with one of our "campers." We all took a trip out to the zoo, and it was a GREAT day!

Here are a few pictures from the day:

Matt laughing at one of Heather's jokes while checking out the elephants:


Lindsay went on the carousel for the first time! A little nervous at first...


...but then she really started to like her ride on the "lady bug."


Of course we had to "measure up"


and we had to play with the ball


It was so fun to see some old friends! I think I have a picture similar to this one of Heather and me from like 10 years ago! She is a cutie! (Yes, I went makeup-less to the zoo...yikes!)

4 comments:

lori said...

You darling thing! I loved getting your message the other day! It made me smile so much. And I love reading your blog! I love your two little people as if I knew them in real life! Sometimes I forget that I don't! We need to fix that and get together one of these days!! Sure love you and appreciate all you do to make my life wonderful, Haylee!

Bonnie said...

I remember Heather from school. So sweet! I bet the zoo was so nice with this weather.

Angie and J.D. said...

Haylee!! I know Heather!! How sweet of you to take her there. She goes to my moms primary. You should come one of these times & see if you know anyone else! :)

Sarah and Alex said...

I didn't even notice you had no makeup on! You are so gorgeous even without it! :)