Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine’s Day Part 3

Last night Darin was a few minutes late getting home from work. I heard an unexpected ring at the doorbell. When I opened the door, I found a really handsome man holding these:

(The handsome man was Darin in case you were wondering).


We had a romantic dinner for two downstairs. My handsome date:


We started out with some Swiss cheese fondue.


Followed by steak and shrimp fondue


.
And we finished the dinner with some chocolate fondue.

Later, as we were putting the kids to bed, Matt had something in his bed. I was worried he might have taken it from one of the kids at the party, so I decided to put Lindsay in bed then have a talk with Matt about stealing.

I was about to put Lindsay in her crib when I noticed there was something under her blanket. It was a Tinkerbelle Valentine that said, “To: Lindsay Love Dad.” I went back to Matt’s room and his was a Cars box of Chocolates that said, “To: Matt Love: Dad.” The kids LOVED their valentines—even Lindsay kept giving Tink kisses and shaking the box. I thought it was so sweet that Darin surprised the kids with valentines! He really is the best dad ever!




After the kids were in bed, I went to peak on our bed to see if Darin had left me a surprise too. I didn't see anything until Darin came in, and said, “What’s that behind the pillow?” It was a box of chocolates just for me! I dare say, BEST. HUSBAND. EVER.

1 comment:

DeAnna Packer said...

Hmmmmmmm.....'When there's Love at Home.'
Darin, you are the absolute best.
Haylee, you remind me of the quote by Mark Twain: "Where she was, there was Eden"....

You make us all want to be better!
Love you.....(and remember 'only five measures a week is all I ask :)