Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Lindsay!!

Our sweet little Lindsay just turned 1. What an amazing year it has been! And what an amazing little girl she is! She has been such a blessing in our lives! We had a little party to celebrate, including a light lunch, a SHORT video of Lindsay’s first year, and of course a cake smash! It was a perfect day, with the exception that it was really overcast—which made for less than great pictures. You can totally tell which pictures are from the actual party and which are from a different day. Oh well. Here are a few of the pictures from the day.






The invitation (no jokes family)





I sent Darin to Costco to get some rolls. He came back with rolls, and a dozen roses for me, and a dozen roses for Lindsay—what a sweetie!!



All of the Hodgkinson cousins.






Lindsay and me.


The table and the “Lindsay tree” with all of her owl pictures.


Cake bites.


The cake! (I saw one like this online, and just decided to give it a try. It didn’t turn out perfect, but I was really happy with the way it did turn out).






The little owl beanbags/hand warmers that I made out of leftover fabric from Lindsay’s bedding.



Eating the cake!






And finishing the day in the tub. (I LOVE the frosting in her hair!)


Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!

video

12 comments:

Lily said...

Haylee,
I just love your family, I am still in the process of little Lindsays present! I just love being able to read your blog! love you, Miss you!
Lily

Ioana said...

Happy Birthday, little girl!!!! What a fun day she had! The pics are amazing!!! And the cake looks way better than anything I could EVER do!!! You're awesome, Haylee!

Eliza said...

What a sweet video. Lindsay just melts my heart!!

Katie Hagen said...

beautiful job with everything! lindsay looks adorable, your ruffle cake is beautiful (i tried one last year for a niece and it wasn't nearly as pretty), you look beautiful too! gosh how'd you manage it? i'm worried for the girls first birthday i'll just have like 5 half-finished food/projects & i'll still be in my jammies when everyone arrives...
ps- where'd you get that cute little chair?

Davis and co. said...

Haylee,

Your post is precious. It brought tears to my eyes. She is getting so big.

Bridget said...

Oh my! I love everything about this post! The pictures are so darling, your birthday party was SOOOO cute! And I LOVE the movie about Lindsay! So cute! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!

Mona "Lisa" said...

She is such a sweet little girl! Her movie is so dang cute! Love the owl theme! You're so talented Haylee! :)

Annie said...

So cute! What great ideas! I might just have to copy you on about everything!

Holly said...

Haylee,
What joy is all over this blog! All I could think about was the constant stream of prayers a year ago and the little miracle we see today. What a little blessing she is and what a perfect Mom you are! Love to you!

Jadi said...

Oh Haylee, I just LOVE it all!! you did a great job. The party couldn't have been any cuter. I can't believe she is already one!

Adam and Cami said...

She's just so sweet! Happy Birthday little Lindsay! And super cute party Haylee, as usual! You are awesome!

Courtney N said...

Happy birthday!