Wednesday, October 26, 2011

2nd Annual Gunnerson Donut Night


When I was growing up my family made donuts each year on the Family Home Evening before Halloween. My mom would make the donuts and then it was up to my siblings and me to deliver them. I wanted to keep the tradition going, so our first two years that we were married we did it. It was way too crazy trying to watch Matt, making donuts, and delivering them. So last year we just invited people to come to us! It is a lot easier, and it is more fun to visit a little longer with our neighbors!

This year we invited about 50 families on our street. (We live on a “T” so we invite both streets). This really is one of my favorite nights of the year! One of the reasons I love it so much is because I realize that I have the BEST husband ever!! I was running a little behind and didn’t make any dinner, so Darin picked up Subway for us, he vacuumed after Matt made a mess on the floor, and then he stood and fried all the donuts while I dipped! I seriously LOVE that guy! Thanks SOO much Darin!

Here is a picture of some of the donuts…and there were even MORE!

Haylee Dipping!


Darin Frying!

Lindsay was such a good girl! She didn’t go to bed until 10. You can see here that she is exhausted (with super messy hair), I LOVE those glassy tired eyes of hers!

4 comments:

Kristy said...

#1 I didn't know the doughnuts were a tradition. I wish I knew so we could have kept it going! Maybe next year.

#2 LOVE those doughnuts. Delish!

#3 Look how cute you look in all of those pictures!

#4 I didn't know you guys were going to Dracula! JEALOUS! And why didn't Matthew want to sleep over at our house?!!? Or rather why didn't you ask us to babysit!?

Jake and Shannon Box said...

Just another reason you are amazing!!!! What a big task to take on... but it looks like it was deliciously successful!

Natasha said...

Sounds fun. Will you be posting your recipe?

Mary and Adam said...

So what street do you live on? Cause I'm moving there...lol