Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Random Pieces of August

Here are a few things that I missed during the month of August.


We went swimming nearly every day. It has been SOO SOOO nice having a private pool with these two little kiddos. Thanks Grandpa for letting us come every day!! (And there are a few weeks left before the pool closes---anyone up for a swim!?)

Matt and two of his buds.






This girl LOVES to swim!! (Especially with her daddy).
We had LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of dinner parties—fun to be with friends and family!-- Thanks Heather and Kristy for planning this fun one!!



Darin has been growing an awesome garden this summer!! He has grown tons of different kinds of tomatoes, potatoes, yard long beans, green beans, soy beans, climbing beans, sugar snap peas, red peppers, green peppers, yellow peppers, chili peppers, lemon cucumbers, pickling cucumbers, melons, spaghetti squash, crookneck squash, butternut squash, summer squash, zucchini, asparagus, corn, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, beets, carrots, swiss chard, black berries, raspberries, grapes, our fruit trees, and more! It has been so fun to cook with fresh produce from the garden! And, I’ve even been canning—I’m sure there’s more ahead.



We went to the fair with the Young Women (Lindsay sat on the camel)

Darin had scout camp
I had girls camp, but they didn’t allow any babies so I had to miss most of it.

I sent this card board version of myself to be there with the girls.

But I did enjoy the time that I got to be with them on the last day!


Lindsay’s little friend Greta turned 1, so we did a little cake smash photo session for fun. I think that Matt and Evelyn ended up eating more cake than Greta did.





So long August! You were a great month! Hello September!

3 comments:

Jadi said...

I always love to see what you guys have been up to. I love how well you blog, you inspire me!! I am glad you guys have been enjoying the summer. We are so excited for Thanksgiving!! :)

Annie said...

Oh Haylee! Everything looks so fun! Way to go with that garden! Wow! Cute cute cute kids! I love all those pictures. You're so cute!

rachel said...

I love all of your pictures! Did you get a new camera?! They look fabulous - but of course it's easy to take cute pictures when you have cute kids. :)