Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th of July Weekend!!



We had a WONDERFUL, but BUSY 4th!

We started on Saturday and had a ward breakfast. Darin's scouts did a nice flag raising ceremony, and the food was yummy!






Sunday we went up to Kamas for our niece Liv's baby blessing, followed by a yummy lunch at Rick and Olivia's. We also got a few family shots while we were there.





Monday morning we went to my aunt's house for a yummy breakfast!! We have such an awesome family!! I just LOVE being with them!!







Monday afternoon we went up to the Gunnerson cabin for a yummy BBQ. It was so fun to see all the cousins again. We don't get to see them enough.






Monday night we watched fireworks with our neighbors. It was a beautiful night!!



Tuesday morning I hiked up to Ensign Peak with my aunt Kathy's Young Women, and I gave a little talk on based off of President Uchtdorf's talk, "Your Happily Ever After." It was the PERFECT temperature and a BEAUTIFUL morning!



3 comments:

Adam and Cami said...

Okay, I just LOVE that picture of Lindsay with the flag, SO CUTE!

DeAnna Packer said...

July 4, 2011 A day to be remembered in so many ways. We join you dear ones in celebrating "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness!!
The Gospel is True, and we Love you all so very much.... Guess you know our Wes made it 'home' that day as well. Aunt DeAnna

Anne said...

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. I found your blog via google, because I was looking for more information about my friend Lori and her dear husband Wes. We were together in the same dorm freshman year at BYU.

As soon as I saw the picture of your family, my eyes immediately were drawn to your daughter Lindsay. My breath caught for a moment, and my heart stopped briefly. She is absolutely stunning. Exquisite. I couldn't help but read your blog, all the entries since Lindsay's birth.

Now that's not saying your son isn't cute too! But your daughter...I can't explain it. She just radiates. Her countenance is one of utter peace and love.

I read that a few years ago you were a counselor at a camp for kids w/disabilities. Both my children have (had) disabilities. My oldest son Ezra has an autism spectrum disorder, and my daughter, Daisy, was diagnosed with cerebral palsy and then last year passed away from a neurodegenerative disease called tay sachs. Our hearts mourn for her. We miss her. But we are so grateful for this Gospel truth of eternal families.

I have recognized in others the same beautiful countenance that your daughter possesses. Others who have incredibly valiant and pure spirits. Others who may or may not also have disabilities or illness. Others that help you feel the love of heaven, only because they are so close to heaven themselves!

May Heavenly Father continue to bless you and your family.

Anne Hall

ps if you'd like to see pictures of Daisy, we had a "photo shoot" last summer..here they are: http://natanephotography.com/wordpress/page/2/