Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter, Earth Day, and more!

We had a WONDERFUL Earth Day this year...probably because 1. It's the first Earth Day we've ever celebrated and 2. Darin had it off for work!! Wahoo!! In honor of Earth day...and because we were going to anyway, we bought lots of new plants! Darin built me my very own herb box, and we bought some herbs to start us off. Darin also got some tomato and cucumber plants. We also bought some new trees!! When we moved in we only had 2 trees in our yard, and now we have 7! We have a peach, apple, apricot, pear, another peach, and a pluot in the back yard, and we just got a flowering cherry for the front yard!! Yay for trees!!



Our new tomatoes

Our new awesome herb box that Darin made!



The Easter Bunny came to our house on Saturday morning. I LOVE when the Easter bunny comes!!
Darin and Matt with their Easter baskets!!

Even Lindsay got a basket, and she was super excited about it!!






Saturday afternoon my mom and I made cookies together. Lindsay pretended to help!




I made these cookies for my Young Women lesson. I was really happy with the way they turned out. However, I left Matthew alone in the kitchen and all but 1 got destroyed. I will admit, I was a little teary over that one. So, I headed to the store at 9:30pm and the girls got boring store bought cookies. Oh well.

Easter was GREAT!! We got a few family photos:




We went to my parents house for a DELICIOUS Easter dinner!



My cute niece Becca gave a little Easter lesson and did a great job!

Ben and Kristy made some yummy dessert...and pretended it was their wedding cake. She made some darling cupcakes, and then a carrot cake/cheese cake layered together!! SOOO yummy!!


Then all the kids went on a fun Easter hunt!




Then Matthew got a little Grandpa time and Lindsay got a little Grandma time!


It was an absolutely WONDERFUL Easter!!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Such a fun day! Everyone deserves a second wedding cake right!

Lisa said...

You are so talented girl! Wow- those cookies looked so professional! I love your trees and herb garden! I can't believe how much Matthew has grown up!! You have such a cute little family! :)

KYoho said...

That is such a cute pic of Lindsay with her basket! I'm excited about your yard, it looks so good! Although I must admit, I have no idea what a pluot is!!! Glad you had a great Easter!

rachel said...

Oh how I love the Hodgkinson family! What fun pictures. Your family picture is darling and you, as always, look like a total babe!

Sarah said...

When did you have the time or energy to be planting?! It's official...I'm a slacker. And those cookies look like master pieces!