Saturday, March 5, 2011

We do other stuff besides hanging out at the hospital!

On Sunday, February 21st Darin gave Lindsay a name and a blessing in our ward. Darin’s uncle died this past week, so his parents flew in from the Philippines for the funeral, so we decided to bless Lindsay while they were here. It was perfect day, and Darin gave Lindsay such a nice blessing. It was beautiful. After church, our family came back to our house for a breakfast. We had tons of food, and EVERYTHING was DELICIOUS!! We had breakfast casseroles, cinnamon rolls, muffins, fruit, juice, and milk. Thanks so much to everyone for your help with the breakfast.

Here are a few pictures of Lindsay in her blessing dress. It is the same dress that my sister and I were blessed in.





Our family of four.



Eating the yummy food!





Here is some of the candy I used for the downstairs table centerpiece that I don’t think anyone even saw. Ha ha.

Isn’t she such a beautiful girl!?








We had a fun President's Day in the snow! In honor of President's Day Darin and Matthew made an Abraham Lincoln and George Washington snowman.





Then they transformed those snowmen into Darin and Haylee snowmen and added a Matt and a Lindsay snowman.



Darin also took Matt for a ride on his sled



And Darin and I went skiing in our back yard!



It was a GREAT day!

7 comments:

Eliza said...

Aw, she looks so sweet in her blessing dress. I love that it is the same dress you wore (Claire is wearing the dress I wore as a baby too!) and one day Lindsay will maybe have a baby girl that will also wear it and it will become quite the family treasure.

Natasha said...

Lindsey's adorable. It looks like you had a super fun President's day. Very fun ideas!

Angie and J.D. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie and J.D. said...

How fun are you guys!? I love it!! The first one Lindsay is my favorite... So sweet! What a precious widdle girl! You made me laugh with the skiing in the backyard... And the snowman family is begging to be enlarged & placed on your piano :D it's pretty much amazing. Love the clouds & everything about it. Way cute :D

Ioana said...

So much fun! You are sooo creative. And I love the blessing dress. Sooo beautiful!
You cracked me up with your backyard skiing.:-)

Meredith Shatzer said...

Such a beautiful girl and dress! My goodness - if we lived by snow will would HAVE to have one of those sleds! He'd go nuts.

taylor+sophie said...

she looks so beautiful in her blessing dress haylee!! ooo i just want to kiss her all over!!