Friday, March 18, 2011

March 17- Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!

We started the morning with a bowl of Lucky Charms (I left a note on the box for Darin that said “I’m so LUCKY to be married to a CHARMing guy like you!”)

After breakfast we had a playdate with Matthew’s friends Daxton and Evelyn. We had a little lunch together with green punch, green celery, sandwiches with green toothpicks, a fruit rainbow, with a jello pot of gold at the end.










In the afternoon Matthew and I built a green Leprechaun house and played with green playdough.





For dinner we had corned beef and gabbage with beer…or apple beer…or I guess it was just apple juice.




And of course we ended the night in green p.j.’s and read a St. P day book!

(Does anyone have a St. Patrick's Day book that they love? This was the only one that I own, and I'd think there would be a better one out there.)

6 comments:

Bonnie and Shad said...

How cute are you!? I seriously should be better! All I did was dress Haken in green and said "Happy St. Patrick's Day!" I will have to remember these ideas for next year.

Jen, Jenny, Jennifer said...

I don't think I've commented before, but I keep tabs on your blog ever since you posted on FB...

You are so stinkin' cute! I am going to have to start writing these ideas down as well. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah and Alex said...

You are so dang creative Haylee!!! I just love all the fun stuff you come up with. It must be the teacher in you or something, but you always do the funnest stuff!

Eliza said...

Thank you for posting that picture of the rainbow. I am doing a baptism preview fireside for the 8 year olds in our ward and we had a rainbow themed invitation (to be clean like earth right after rain...) and we wanted to have a rainbow treat/food for afterwards but I was stumped.

You are brilliant as ever. And I'll say it again, you are the type of homemaker/mother I aspire to be like one day.

Sarah said...

How on earth you have the time and energy to do all this right now I will never know! You are amazing! My kids got green pancakes for dinner and I thought that was pretty good! I also never remember to take pictures anymore...

nikki said...

you are such a fun mom. My kids were lucky I put them in green. You have inspired me to be more creative and fun.