Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A few changes around the house

As I mentioned before we have been making a lot of changes around our house. Here are a few of the changes:

We painted our front door, garage, house numbers, and lanterns black, and we also added shutters and cement edging for a second flower bed. Here is our house before:


And here it is after:




Matthew is now in a big boy bed. Here is his room before:



And here is Matt's room now:



We also moved the office from the upstairs to the downstairs so we could have the kids upstairs with us. Here is the office before:



And after:





We also changed our weight room into a spare bedroom for Darin's parents. It will need some more decorating, but here is the change for now. Before:


And the weight room after:


We also got a piano this last month from my "cousin" Julie! We are so grateful to have the piano, and we have LOVED having it! (It also forced us to change the furniture around slightly.) The only problem with the piano is that the laundry, cleaning, etc. gets pushed aside for some piano time! Thanks a million Julie!!







I wish I would have taken a few more pictures before we moved in of our backyard and I wish I would have taken some during the summer! Darin has done an AMAZING job with our yard this summer. I just need to find the before and after pictures!

Oh, and we still have some work to do, but here is a little preview of the nursery! My mom has been awesome! We bought the potterybarn bedding used online and I didn't like the bedskirt that came with it so my mom has been awesome to go with me to choose fabric then make a new skirt, matching table cloth and basket covers! Thanks mama!!





I have also LOVED those vinyl trees online, but can't stand the idea of paying $90+ for one, so I bought my own vinyl and made my own!! I was pretty happy with the way it turned out!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Such a cute nursery by the way! I love the tree- where did you get it? Is it vinyl? You and Darin have such a beautiful home! :)

Julie said...

Looks beautiful. You are so talented. Glad you're enjoying the piano. Do you ever see my little Diesel walking the neighborhood? Miss everyone. Take care.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Looks like a lot of work, but totally worth it! Everything looks great. I love the pink and light green colors for the baby's room.

Shauna said...

Your house is looking good haylee! You've done a great job at fixing it up and definitely improving it from what is was before. Good to talk to you the other day too!

Adam and Cami said...

You guys have been busy! You're house looks great! And all your rooms inside look great! Way to go getting Matthew in a big boy bed! It's fun to see them grow up!

Angie and J.D. said...

Stop it!! Seriously, you're amazing. When I got almost to the bottom, I thought you weren't going to put a picture of the nursery, so I was so excited you did! The looks soooo cute. And I am so amazed at how much difference the shutters make and the black accents out front. Oh, and remember how we're kindof cousins!? (seeing the piano reminded me!)

Sophie said...

Your house looks great! How nice to have all of that space! Who did the painting on Matt's walls?

I miss you! Can't wait to see your new little one!

Annie said...

Oh Haylee, your house looks so nice!!! you've done such a nice job on it. The nursery is so cute, too! Way too go!

Annie said...

to, not too :)

Amanda and Paul said...

your house is so cute! i can't believe how much work you guys have put into it in such short amount of time. now come do mine!

Jadi said...

Kaylee and I think the rooms turned out super cute!! Good job!