Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wonderful Weekend, and BIG surprise!!!

We had another wonderful, exciting, and eventful weekend!! It started on Thursday, when my brother Ben and his wife Kristy had their baby Eliza!! She is sooo stinkin cute!! We are so glad that mom and baby are doing well!! Congrats you new family of three!!




Friday morning Matthew and I went down to Thanksgiving point with our friends Kendra and Alayna! I couldn’t believe how fun it was! I sure love being a mom, and watching Matthew’s reaction to every animal!! He LOVED the cows, and couldn’t stop saying “moo, moo, moo!” He loved feeding the animals, or more watching ME feed the animals! He oinked at the pigs, quacked at the ducks, and even got to ride a pony!! He was a little nervous at first but by the end he loved it and cried when we had to leave. After seeing all the animals we had a little picnic lunch on the grass. Unfortunately, Matthew was only interested in Alayna’s food and not his own. It was just a wonderful morning!! Thanks Kendra for the fun day! Here are a few pictures, and a video of Matthew riding the pony:







After Thanksgiving point we headed back to Bountiful for a doctor’s appointment. As you may have read in a previous post I was POSITIVE this baby was a girl. When we went to find out, and we saw the little baby on the monitor I said, “Oh look how cute she is.” To which the doctor responded, “It’s not a she! You’ve got another little boy.” I will admit, I was a little sad, and it took me about a month to get excited about the idea of having a boy. Well, Friday when we went in my mom said, “there’s your little brother Matthew!” To which the doctor said, “This isn’t a brother, it’s a GIRL!!”

For those of you who don’t like to read all of my details on the blog and just come for the pictures, I just said…

WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!!

I was really excited, still trying to get used to the idea, but am absolutely THRILLED!! Here is a picture of our cute baby (that Darin likes to call Stella—but don’t worry, this baby will NOT be named Stella!! Sorry to all the Stella readers out there).



Friday night Darin played in the ward golf tournament while I went to a baby shower. When we came home we watched a movie and ate cereal for dinner. (A slightly less exciting part of our day).

Saturday morning, I went to run my first 1/2 Marathon!! Aren’t you so proud of me!!?.....well, don’t be. I didn’t finish.  It was actually really hard for me not to finish because I knew that I could push myself and do it, but I was having stomach pains and I didn’t want to hurt the baby. Especially since I do less than 3 miles everyday, it was a pretty big jump. I did make it 8 ½ miles though, and the exciting news is that my mom did a FULL MARATHON!!! WAY TO GO MAMA!! I had my dad come pick me up on the 8 ½ mile marker, and then he took me out to Denny’s!! That made it worth not finishing!! Thanks poppee!!

Here are a few pictures from the race:


Aunt Rosanne, Mama, and me. (And I know I look like I am 21 months prego instead of 21 weeks).


As you can see, it was a WONDERFUL weekend, unfortunately it ended not so wonderful. Matthew has loved coloring lately. Unfortunately, we had our first off paper masterpiece:
Yes, that is blue violet, and violet red crayon all over our wall! Thank goodness for Magic Erasers!! :)

17 comments:

Amanda and Paul said...

hey its my mom! haha. so fun that you guys did that. and i can't believe your having a girl!! YAY congrats!! but now i have anxiety what if i'm really having a boy. i don't get two ultrasounds!!

Braydon, Erica, and baby Sawyer said...

He is to die for!!! Every picture of him is just so CUTE!! He is just a darling boy! Congrats on having a girl that is sooo much fun!

Braydon, Erica, and baby Sawyer said...

He is to die for!!! Every picture of him is just so CUTE!! He is just a darling boy! Congrats on having a girl that is sooo much fun!

Natasha said...

Congrats on the baby girl!!! How exciting! It's nice when the motherly intuition is verified. And way to go on 8 1/2 miles. You are amazing. That would be amazing to me if you weren't pregnant, but the fact that you are just makes you my hero. :)

Angie and J.D. said...

K... So I'm such a goof. I knew the title was "A Big Surprise" from my blog, so I thought you were going to write about having a girl. I clicked over and I see this big picture of Eliza and thought it was {Stella}!! I seriously freaked out 'cause I didn't see you at church. I was like did she have the baby way, way, way too early!!??? You really shouldn't scare me like that!! I love the masterpiece & the pictures of the farm. We'll have to go!! I hear about all of your adventures, but it's so fun to see the pictures :D

Adam and Cami said...

Way to go for running a 1/2 marathon, even if you didn't finish! I couldn't even do 2 miles without dying! You're awesome! And I'm so excited that you are having a little girl! It will be so much fun having one of each! And what a little stinker that little Matthew is! But he's so cute! Magic erasers have saved us too!

Lisa said...

Wow! YAY!! Congrats- I am so-excited for you two!!! Girls are a lot of fun to buy cute things for!! Let's plan a get together before you have her with all the LonePine peoples!! Miss you guys!!

Ioana said...

Haylee, Kudos to you for running that much! I can't even run 8 miles, and I'm not even pregnant!lol And it's so cool to see dr.Knowlton in the picture. She's my doc and she's awesome!:)
And congrats again on your little girl!

Jena said...

I can't believe it! You're seriously having a girl!!! I'm so excited for you! But that's a mean thing for the doctors to do to you!

Julie said...

Oh my heavens....all the news! Funny because we were down at the Thanksgiving Point "zoo" last Wed. with Lori and Wes for Spencer's bday. It was super fun. BABY GIRL?! I can't believe it, but awesome. Finally, the whole running thing is just crazy cool. Tell your mom she rocks. You do too of course. I remember water skiing 5 months pregnant with Shane and having pain. My dad was like do you really think you should be doing this? Ummmm probably NO. It was fun being your neighbor for a week :) Lots of love cutie pie.

rachel said...

So fun to see you on Saturday. I think you are AWESOME for getting 8 1/2 miles...more than I did! :)

Congrats on the baby girl again!

Sarah said...

Your mom makes me tired! :)

I'd want another ultrasound if I were you! I'd be too afraid to buy anything gender specific. I mean, it's one thing to not see something and assume it's a girl...it's another to think you see something that isn't there! I'd want a second opinion! Can't wait to keep hearing about how things turn out!

Wish Ben my congrats. She is beautiful!

KYoho said...

I can't believe you ran that far pregnant! that is for sure something to be proud of! and I'm glad to know Magic Erasers get stuff like that off...I will stock up! Fun talking to you today, I am so happy for you! Now you (at least) get one of each!

Annie said...

Haylee, you don't even look very pregnant! I feel like I look 3 times bigger than you! way to go with the walking. I don't think I'd make it more than 5 miles! Cute pictures.

Mary and Adam said...

Hooray!!!! I'm one of those people that actually read your blog and think that's a crazy baby gender story! haha. And great job running 8.5 miles pregnant! You're so awesome. Miss you!

Nancy said...

Congratulations on that marathon running business. Running at all is amazing! And, I love Matthew's art and that you get to have a baby girl around soon!

DeAnna Packer said...

Oh my......I loved reading all your latest blogs. You make LIFE such a JOY. (And, I love living it through YOU and Yours!)
A girl!
Art!
Accomplishments!!! All "A's" for sure!!! Auntie