Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Trip to Italy!

Last night Darin and I took a little vacation to Italy!! We had SOOO much fun! We started out by dropping Matt off at my parent’s house then we took a “flight” (of stairs) up to my parent’s balcony! There was a cute little Italian bistro! We listened to Italian love songs while we ate our delicious dinner!
Our trip was a little long for Matthew so he took a flight to see us!


We started out with a delicious caprese salad


Then we had chicken parmigiana, pasta, and breadsticks (that I forgot to take a picture of). Then for dessert we had Italian sabayon!



Dinner was so much fun! We had a candlelight dinner, twinkle lights surrounding us, and a great view of my parent’s neighbor’s beautiful waterfall. (I know this picture doesn’t show it all that well).


After dinner we threw some coins into the “fountain of love.” Then Matthew and Darin ran through the fountains (aka the sprinklers!)






We left “Venice” and went to our hotel in “Tuscany” and watched a foreign film “Life is Beautiful” then hit the red eye flight back to the states! It was such a fun night! Thanks again mom and dad for your help, letting us use your balcony, watching Matthew, and everything else! And thank you Darin, for putting up with my silly little adventures and making them so fun!

7 comments:

Angie and J.D. said...

You are so creative... I LOVE it!! & I love that Darin goes along with it. I'm not sure if J.D. would :D

Jadi said...

What a fun idea! I love how you make life so fun!!

Mandee Monson said...

So fun Hay! You are always making life so much fun!

Natasha said...

You hear about wedding planners...but I think you could make a real career of date planning. I'm sure people would pay big bucks for you to plan and prepare these exotic dates. :)

Adam and Cami said...

Okay, so seriously, you are way too creative, I love it! You guys are so cute, and Darin is so lucky to have such a cute little wife with such fun ideas!

rachel said...

You are such a cute mom and wife! I also wanted to tell you I made your carrot cake the other day. Holy. Cow. It was AWESOME! Again, just pronouncing my love for you and your food blog. :)

Brad and Britt said...

I agree with Tash...you should become a date planner! Haylee you are great!