Saturday, August 14, 2010

Busy Week!!

We’ve had a very busy, and very fun week this week!! It started out on Saturday with one of my favorite events of the summer! We go my friend Lindsay’s Backyard Concert!! It was so much fun (as it is every year)!! The weather was perfect! I was a little nervous because it had been pouring rain in Bountiful when we left, but when we got to Park City it was cool and comfortable! The food was delicious, the music was fabulous, the company was great, but my favorite part was getting to meet Lindsay’s new fiancé!! SOOO excited for you love!!





Matt kept flirting with these girls that we didn’t even know!


Lindsay singing with her dad!


Lindsay and her new fiancé Pete!! Congrats you two!!



Sunday was kind of a crazy day! Last week I got called to be the new Young Women’s President, but I didn’t get released from being Primary President. I thought I had everything worked out so that I would just need to go to Young Women’s, but when I got to church my Primary councilor had a last minute emergency and needed me to do sharing time! So, I taught Young Women’s AND did sharing time (luckily the Stake did most of it)!! I am really sad to leave Primary—especially my secretary! She was AMAZING and we had so much fun together. But I am looking forward to Young Women even though this is my first calling in YW so I am a REALLY nervous! Especially with Darin being scout master and both of us going to mutual every week with 2 kids! Pray for us!!

Monday we had a fun day! My cousin Katie came over for a visit with her husband Dallin and two kids! They are so cute! Matthew had so much fun with them!! We wish that they lived closer so that we could get together with them more!

Elizabeth, Matthew, and Daniel


After our visit with the Anderson’s Darin and I dropped off Matthew at my sister’s house, and went to the doctor. While we were there we found out that #2 is a BOY!!! I think it will be really fun for Matthew to have a little buddy to hang around with! I was 100% positive that #2 was a girl, and I was totally wrong! (Obviously!)

Thursday Darin and I were supposed to go to Lehi to have dinner with two of Darin’s cousin’s and their spouses, but last minute Darin had to work late. I decided to go without him and I am SO glad I did!! We had so much fun!! Just wanted to say a quick thank you to you wonderful ladies! Love you Kelli and Amy!! (and John and Tommy!)

Also, our garden has been doing AWESOME!! No thanks to me! Darin has done such a great job with everything! We’ve had SOOO much produce!! We’ve had 3 kinds of tomatoes, 2 kinds of squash, 2 kinds of eggplants, zucchini, beets, diacons, carrots, corn, 2 kinds of swiss chard, cantelope, watermelon, 2 kinds of cucumbers, 3 kinds of peppers, all kinds of herbs, rhubarb, raspberries, strawberries, apples, apricots, and hopefully we’ll still get some peaches. Here is Darin and Matt with one of our spaghetti squashes!



Whew!! What a week!!

9 comments:

Eliza said...

Congrats again on the baby BOY! And that's insane about Sunday...being both the Primary Pres AND the YW Pres. You are hardcore :D

Sarah and Alex said...

Woah! Wonder Woman!! :) Holy cow you are amazing! I am very excited for you to be in YW though. My mom really loved it and she says the best way to get to the girls is to text them! They will get back to you in seconds! :) Good Luck! And we will be praying for you!!

Angie and J.D. said...

First of all, I LOVE seeing the ultrasound pictures... it's so amazing to see those first little pictures!! This might sound weird, but I thought that first picture of you was me! I can now see how some people in the ward get us mixed up! lol. I want a tour of your backyard veggie garden!!

Erin said...

Yay! Congrats on the boy! Boys are super fun!

Natasha said...

Congrats on the boy!! And good luck with your new calling! You will be so much fun for the young women!

lori said...

whew is right!!! So excited for little boy #2!!! And I want to come be one of your young women! You'll be amazing!!

Love to you and your daling family!

Rosalee said...

It is so fun having 2 little boys close in age! I love thinking about all the fun they will have together as they grow up. Plus it makes having baby #2 a little cheaper. Congrats!!!

Shauna and Sam said...

Wow 2 boys! I'm so excited for you! I'm sad we never got together when we were in bountiful, but we're only 20 min. away now so we'll still have to do something sometime. Congrats on the new calling. You will do great!

Adam and Cami said...

You are just a busy little lady! And you'll be a great Young Womens President! I was a YW Advisor in my last ward and I absolutely loved it! I felt like one of the girls! You always seem to be doing something fun! I want to be like you when I grow up!