Monday, August 2, 2010

24th Weekend!

We had a wonderful 24th weekend!! I love the 24th!! It started (as it always does) on the 23rd. All of my family headed down to the Bountiful Parade and cheered me on as I walked with my primary kids. I decided that since it was nearly 100 degrees and being pregnant, I would be less authentic this year and wear a short sleeved blouse. I was REALLY glad I did!!


After the parade we went to my sister’s house and she made the most delicious dinner I’ve ever had!! She did a big pasta bar for my mom’s birthday and I think I want the same thing for my birthday! All of my family went in and gave my mom a pogo stick for her birthday. Is it just me, or is it really funny that a 57 year old grandma would want that for her only present!?

After dinner we enjoyed Heather’s amazing key lime pie and watched the fireworks. I think that Matthew thought that he was orchestrating the fireworks because he would point to the sky, say “go” and then get really excited that a firework would pop up!!





The next day we had a barbeque with Darin’s family at our house. It was also an excellent meal! We had steak, shrimp, baked beans, grilled crookneck squash from our garden, corn on the cob, watermelon, cantaloupe, and limeade! Then for dessert we had home-made peach ice-cream, which I didn’t do a very good job making. But, all in all it was a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Mom C said...

No picture of Wendy on the pogo stick??? Come on - that was what I was looking forward to. LOVE YOU HAYLEE!!