Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Missionary Night!

Last week we had the Young Men and Young Women over to our house. They came and did a little lesson as if we were not members of the church and they were the missionaries. They were really cute and did a great job. After their lesson Darin talked to them about his mission in Japan and we let them try some Japanese food. It was my first time making sushi, and I was happy with the way they turned out. We served sushi, pork and cilantro dumplings, and mochi. Some kids were really disgusted by the food, and wouldn't try it, others tried it but didn't like it, a few tried it and liked it. But, there is one kid that is my absolute favorite!! He is such a good kid, and we told him if he was really daring he could try some wasabi with his sushi. I wasn't paying attention, and I guess he just coved his whole piece with wasabi!! You have never seen such a red face in your life!! Poor kid!! And he still swallowed it!! What a guy!! We had a great time!


1 comment:

Bridget said...

Holy Wasabi Batman! That poor kid. I am so glad that your night turned out well. It looks like it was a blast!
p.s. I LOVE your flag cake! wow!