Tuesday, July 13, 2010

3 Years!

Darin and I had a WONDERFUL anniversary!! We went up to Log Haven up Millcreek Canyon! It was absolutely beautiful!! I hadn't heard of this restaurant before, but I guess it has won lots of awards, and it the most romantic restaurant in Utah. It was!! Darin and I got to sit at this really romantic secluded table that was in the corner of the restaurant with the most beautiful view looking right out to a waterfall!! It was beautiful!! I took my camera with me but I felt like the restaurant was too fancy to be taking pictures, so here are two I found online.


For dinner the chef started by bringing out a little spoon for each of us with a little chili dish and sprinkled cheese to get our appetites going. And it was super delicious!! Next, Darin started with a baby frisee salad with candied house cured pancetta, blackberries, butternut squash chips, and a citrus vinaigrette. Those blackberries were the biggest I’ve ever seen in my life. I got a Southwestern Cesar salad and it was excellent! The rolls they brought out were delicious, we had 9 grain, sourdough, and Asiago cheese rolls. They were all wonderful!! And, they served them with freshly whipped butter! After our salad and rolls chef sent out some citrus sorbet to cleanse our palate before the main course. And, onto the main course!!! Darin had the “Double R Ranch Signature Filet Mignon” with green peppercorn-gruyere potatoes, asparagus, malbec demi glace, and micro mirepoix. If we go back there, I will definitely get that!! His filet mignon was to die for!! My dinner was excellent too. I got the Pan Seared prime center cut Top Sirloin with peppercorn butter, Maine Lobster Tail and drawn butter, glace de veau, mashed potatoes, fire roasted asparagus. Mmmmm….soooo good!! It was a super yummy dinner!! i would recommend going there to anyone, as long as you are willing to spend a little more than usual. After dinner we went for a ride through the canyon and then went to Cold Stone!! What a great night!! Thanks for the 3 best years of my life Darin!! I love you!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That sounds like a wonderful meal! COngratulations!