Monday, April 12, 2010

Wonderful Weekend…and a big change!!

This weekend was so fun!! First off, the weather has been absolutely beautiful!! I am loving it!! It makes me hope that I never have to get one of these



Because I have these




These are some of the views I can find on one of my runs! I am ready to get back into a regular running habit again…and thinking about signing up for some upcoming races this summer!

The great weekend started off by going to the Sundance Sale with my mom, sister Heather, sister-in-law Kristy, and met my brother Rick, his wife Heather in at the sale. Heather’s mom and sister were there too, and they are loads of fun!! What a fun group!! If you have ever seen “Confessions of a Shopaholic” (love that movie), it kind of reminds me of one of those sales, where people line up at the door, then everyone runs in. Because that is just what happens! Everyone seemed to get some really cute things, but I have to admit, that I LOVE my stuff!! I got this cute sweater:


and 6 other darling new pieces for my wardrobe!! I am so excited!!


Saturday we spent the day working in the yard!! Boy!! Darin has sure done a great job!! When we bought the house our yard was TERRIBLE!!! Darin had to mow the lawn 4 times to even get it down to a manageable length. You couldn’t even tell where the flower beds were because they were covered in weeds and grass. Now, Darin has cleared the weeds and grass out, planted two kinds of peas, planted a peach tree, and has other big plans for the rest of the yard. Here are a few pictures of the little cutie that helped us in the yard!





That night Darin and I dropped Matthew off at my parents house (thanks mom and dad for babysitting!!) and we went to Chili’s for dinner and came home and watched a movie! (Thank you Grandma for the gift card!! We loved it….and will love it again!!)

Sunday was the “big change” day. I just got called to be the new Primary President in my ward. I am really nervous, especially because I have NEVER had a calling in the primary before! I have had pretty much the same calling…for the past 6 years!!! I have been in 5 different Relief Society Presidencies and that is it! The last time I was in primary was when I was actually IN primary!! (12 years ago!!) So, for all of you out there who have ANY kind of advice for me…PLEASE send it my way!! I know I will also be looking for constant advice from my sister who also just got called to be Primary President, and especially doing some major relying on the Lord, and LOTS AND LOTS of prayer!! (Man, is it just me or was General Conference directed totally towards me and me only!!?) I am also really lucky in that fact that I have two wonderful councilors and an excellent secretary and I am looking forward to working with them!

Sunday night we had my parents and grandpa and grandma over for dinner!! It was sure fun to have them! So, that pretty much sums up the weekend! It was a busy one but a really fun one too!! But, I guess we better get used to busy between my new calling and Darin being Scout Master, I think things will be pretty hectic!! Now we just need July to come so Matthew can go to nursrey!!

11 comments:

Angie and J.D. said...

Your yard sounds a lot like ours!! Most of our flower beds is grass and I am sooo excited to start planting some flowers! You are going to do amazing as president!! That is so exciting. :)

Sarah and Alex said...

Those are some really great views from your runs!! And really, I think you have a good start at the whole primary thing already. Good Luck! :)

Savannah said...

Wow! The change to Primary is a big one! (And funny to me, because I was just talking about my awesome R.S. president my freshman year on Saturday... You!)
I've been in Primary for almost 4 years now, and I'm currently the Primary Secretary. My advice is to read the manual, ask the bishop and past president questions, delegate to your presidency as much as possible, and rely on the Lord. You'll be fine! The kids will love you! Oh, and the sooner you learn their names the better. They really appreciate that. Check out sugardoodle.com for cute helps and ideas. There's also a primary group on yahoo.com that has lots of helps on it. You'll be an awesome president! Have fun!

DeAnna Packer said...

If you could hear the cheering section from this Packer Place, you would be smiling! So very proud of your activities in, out, and about.
Those primary children will adore you (as they adore Heather).

I could tell you about the time I had THIRTY children in my Primary Nursery class. No, It was the same time I had 4 children under four at home...It was a combination of joy and the refiner's fire. :)

Eliza said...

When I read what your new calling was my first thought was: duh?! You'd be a WONDERFUL primary president. I've been in the primary for the last 8 years, once as the secretary and the rest as a teacher. The number one thing I'd tell you is simply love the children and I don't think you'll have any problems with that. :)

Katie said...

Haylee, you will be so wonderful in Primary. I was just called to be 1st counselor so we will have to share ideas. Your primary kids are luck to have you.

Shauna and Sam said...

Congrats Hay on your new calling and good luck! I had that calling in a married student family ward so it was way easy, but to have an actual full sized primary would definitely be a challenge.
Yeah for running! Now you can come run the marathon with me in July! I still haven't found anyone who will do it with me, but I'm still training!
Cute Matthew and glad you had such a fun weekend.

Karahatay said...

I just got released from 3 years as the Primary secretary (we're moving) and had gone through 4 presidencies. Our last president was in the same boat as you, she'd never been in the Primary before, but she has done wonderfully and I'm sure you will too. I just have to echo what others have said. Pray & use your councilors. Read the green "Handbook of Instruction: Primary" and "Teaching, No Greater Call" Most importantly, remember to read your scriptures daily.
Use your councilors as councilors and make sure your secretary is involved with meetings. Your councilors are not go-fors, they are there to help teach and to help you run the primary. Your secretary, however, IS a go-for. utilize her to keep track of things, update lists, find stuff for the teachers, etc.
Also, don't forget that the Stake Primary Presidency is a GREAT source for advice on how to do things.
Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do a great job. :D

Brad and Britt said...

you will be wonderful at primary pres! You can go to www.sugardoodle.net to find oodles of ideas for primary, YW, YM and even RS! It is awesome!

Jadi said...

Haylee,

Those are the cutest pictures ever of Matthew! He is such a cutie! I think you are going to do a great job with your new calling. The kids will LOVE you!

Adam and Cami said...

Haylee! You will be a fabulous Primary President, and all the kids will love you! You are perfect for that calling, or any calling for that matter! You are so cute and outgoing, and just simply fun to be around! Congrats! It does sound like you will be busy with your calling and Darin's! If you ever need to bring Matthew over to play so you can get anything, feel free! Cole loves to play with friends!