Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy April Fools Day!!!

I LOVE April Fools Day!! This year I attempted and failed several times. But, my family sure got me!! Yesterday I went to this cute little shop with my sister and sister-in-law. They have darling children's books, toys, clothes, and amazing cupcakes!! For those of you that know me, know that I am a little frugal! Before I went my mom warned me that the cupcakes are kind of expensive! (Like $3.00 per cupcake). Well, when I finally chose my cupcake the lady said, "Ok, that will be $8.97" I didn't say anything, but in my head I was like, "Are you kidding me!!? 9 bucks for a cupcake!!?" Then the lady said, "Are you sure you want to buy four, because that will be like $34?" I turned to my sisters and said, "Do you guys just want to share one?" Kristy said, "No, they are just so cute I want my own." I said, "Heather do you want to share?" She said, "No, I better get my own because I have to share with my girls." So I turned back to the lady and handed her my card. Then everyone started laughing and said "April Fools!" What a fun trick! Heather had gone in earlier that day and talked to the lady about over-charging me! It was really fun though! And the cupcakes were delicious!! Thanks Heather for buying all of ours, and executing mom's plan!


Later that day I was on the phone with my grandma telling her the story of what had happend. But my phone was about to die, so I had to talk to her in my room with my phone plugged in. I heard Matthew making noise and when I came back this is what I found!


(Matthew pulling all the dirty dishes out of the dishwasher).

That night I let Darin eat "Dessert" for dinner (mini meat loafs with mashed potatoes and food coloring to look like cupcakes). And "dinner" for dessert (gummy worms, fruit by the foot, and rice crispy treats to look like sushi). Darin really loved the meatloafs!! He had 6 "cupcakes."


3 comments:

Angie and J.D. said...

Oh my gosh! How cute are you?? Did you make up the sushi and cupcake thing!?

Bridget said...

What a cute idea! I seriously want to make those little meatloaves! Are you going to put the recipe on your food blog?

also, I died laughing when I heard about the cupcakes. Your sisters sure got you!

DeAnna Packer said...

I am glad I lived in another era...I would NEVER be able to keep up with you.
I had to keep up with PATTY PERFECT. But, you are certainly a cut above!!!

Love you to pieces!