Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Matthew's 1st Birthday!!

Matthew turned 1 yesterday!! What a fun year it has been!! We had a great day yesterday, and last night we had a fun party!! We did a Sesame Street themed party and we had a great time, but I may have gone a little overboard with my decorations. My parents, Grandpa and Grandma Welling, Ben, Kristy, Heather, Greg, Becca, Ellie, Sarah, and Rachel all came to Matthew’s party. It was really nice of them to come and Matthew sure loves them all!! We played two games “Dorothy fell out of her fishbowl,” (the girls (and Grandpa) had to try throwing a beanbag gold fish into a fishbowl from different places around the room), and “Guess how many cookies are in Cookie Monster’s jar.” My sister won! She guessed 229 and there were 227 (my lucky number). It was a great night! Here are a few pictures:








Ben was our live entertainment and kept balancing a chair on his chin! Pretty impressive!



After visiting in the family room I heard my nieces giggling so I went into the kitchen to find this:


I guess I deserve that because on Sunday I ate all the recess peanut butter cups off my sister’s cupcakes.


For Matthew's Birthday we got him a pet goldfish!! (Like Elmo's pet goldfish Dorothy). I think he loves is...see what you think.


14 comments:

Kristy said...

SUCH cute decorations. I absolutely loved them. Happy birthday Matthew!

Rosalee said...

Wow, your cupcakes and cake are AMAZING! I'm assuming you decorated them. I'm really impressed. Happy Birthday little Matthew!

Bridget said...

Holy cute! Did you actually make those characters on the wall? If so, you definately went overboard, but well done. I LOVE love LOVE the cupcakes. Did you find instructoins online or do it on your own? You amaze me every day! Love you!

p.s. Holy cow! I can't believe he is already a year! what the-

Nathan said...

Looks and sounds fun! Congrats to the birthday boy. I love Reeses.

Brandon, Lisa and Elisabeth said...

Haylee- you are so talented girl! I love the cupcakes and cake. What a fun party! Give Matthew a hug for us- Happy Birthday Matthew!!

Shauna and Sam said...

What a fun gift! I agree I think he loves it too! What an amazing birthday. I love the decorations and the cupcakes. Amazing Hay honestly. We went all out for Tate's 1st b-day with a pirate ship and a pirate theme and everyone dressed up as pirates and my parent's whole house was all decorated piratey. It was a ton of work and the food went along with it too. I think I got burned out after that one and I just decided to do something simple for brylee for her 1st. I figure when she's 3 she'll probably want a princess party or something and then I'll go to the work again :) Matthew is getting so big. I'm glad his day was a good one!

Amy said...

Cute idea! I can't believe he's 1! And I've never even met the cute, little guy. :( Maybe someday.

Brandon and Mandee said...

Wow! Looks like Matthew had an awesome birthday! I am way impressed with the cupcakes! They looked so cute and so fun to make! Happy Birthday Matthew!

Brandon and Mandee said...

Wow! Looks like Matthew had an awesome birthday! I am way impressed with the cupcakes! They looked so cute and so fun to make! Happy Birthday Matthew!

Laurie Nichols said...

What a cute Sesame Street party! Your cupcakes are adorable! You are so creative! I love the pictures of Matthew looking at his fish, and also reading his books. I can't believe how fast time flies-he's growing up and 1 already!

Jake and Shannon Box said...

What a fun party!!! Ava would have loved to be there. She just adores elmo and the rest of the gang. You did such a cute job! happy birthday matthew

Adam and Cami said...

wow! I can't believe he's one! He sure was cute with his cake and his fish! What a lucky boy!

Sarah said...

I am so impressed with your cupcakes! They are adorable! I might have to steal that idea one of these days! :)

Vicki Lynne said...

Happy Birthday to Matthew. What a fun party! Love the fish!