Monday, January 19, 2009

Latest Update

We are still a family of two--baby Matthew hasn't come to join us yet. I am still feeling well, having a few contractions here and there, but nothing to keep track of yet.

On another note, one of my favorite things about Darin is that he is so willing to try new foods. Last night we had my parents over for a little pork shoulder "pernil" with cilantro-citrus adobo. It was different from anything I've made, and it was a fun change. We served it with black beans, coconut rice, grilled pineapple, and facaccia bread.

Here is a picture of Darin cutting the roast:


Here is a picture of the birthday boy, and his cute wife:

Here ia a picture of our yummy roast!


If you would like the recipe go to hayleesfood.blogspot.com

3 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Sounds yummy! Sorry that Matthew hasn't made his debut yet. Don't worry, eventually they do come out. I just hope that you are around for your own baby shower on Saturday!

Natasha said...

I am amazed at the cuisine at your home! I think we should move in with you guys! :) I hope you have a fabulous end of pregnancy. So exciting!!!

Jadi said...

The food looked really yummy! I keep checking your blog for updates. I can't wait to see a picture of Matthew!!! We are so excited.