Saturday, November 15, 2008

Baby...and bedroom update




I couldn't wait any longer to post this picture! Over UEA weekend my mom and I did pretty much the whole baby room! Can I just say that I have the most wonderful mother in the universe? I really wanted the "Chase bedding" from Pottery Barn, but I wasn't willing to spend $300 on the bedding alone. So, my mom and I looked around for similar fabric, and this is what we came up with! I like it even better than PB's! My mom did all the sewing including the changing pad, the fitted sheet, the bumper pad, the dustruffle, the valance, matching bow ties for two stuffed bears, and even did matching liners for the baskets that are going on the changing table! It will be so cute! She has also painted wood letters to hang his name on the wall! I would put all the pictures on, but I don't get everything until Christmas! I am so excited! So far it looks REALLY cute! Thanks mom for everything!! You are the best! (And thank you to Darin for letting me take over the "office/weight room" 3 months early).

Well, I haven't updated a lot on the baby lately, but he is doing great! He is such an active little guy and we are getting really excited to see him! He is always kicking my belly and "it looks like there is an alien inside trying to get out" because my belly moves so much--as quoted by my doctor at my last appointment. I have been feeling great and I can't believe that we are already into the last trimester! Last week I had my glucose test, and I don't know why but I am nervous about it. I will probably find out the result next week, so I will have to let you know!

Oh, and this little guy will probably be named Matthew--hopefully he comes out looking like a Matthew since mom already did those letters for the wall!

8 comments:

Sophie said...

Wow, your mom is an awesome seamstress! Too bad I don't have that talent. Ben sews buttons on jackets for me. I call him my seamster. The image of an alien trying to get out of your tummy is a little frightening.

I already knew the name you chose, but I still love it! Think back to when we were at BYU together...it's crazy how things have changed so quickly!

Bridget said...

Very Cute!!!!! I remember those bears :)

AB said...

Cute crib! I want to see the whole thing. Glad you're doing well! And Matthew.:)

Greg and Heather said...

I like how your blog coordinates with the bedding, too! You should tell mom to give you the rest of the stuff a week early so you can have the baby's room done for the Christmas party!

Shauna and Sam said...

love it! love it! love it! Everything is so cute hay! You definitely have a great mom. I'm so excited for you guys!!!!

rachel said...

Matthew's room is absolutely adorable! I love that bedding....and you're right, you do have the best mom! I think the world of that woman.

Brad & Britt said...

wow! Your mom mimicked the PB stuff soo well! Its amazing! I hope that your glucose test goes well....i can only imagine how "worried" about things I will be when I am prego.

The Bennions said...

That's so cute...and what a deal! And I think that Matthew is a perfect name. Congrats!