Sunday, August 31, 2008

A wonderful weekend at the Cabin!!!

We love the cabin! We went up on Friday right after work, and Darin made a beautiful fire that we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows over! Mmmm...nothing beats a campfire roasted hot dog!! Here are the pictures of the fire, hotdogs, and Darin enjoying a marshmallow! Oh, and we had some yummy grapes and apples too!



Saturday morning Darin woke up early (I slept in and loved it!!) and went fishing! Boy, he is a true outdoorsman! Even though he didn't have any bait he looked in the forest, used what he found, and still caught 4 fish!! What a guy!! Here are a few pictures from the fishing trip! I think they are beautiful!


That afternoon we went down to Fransis Frontier Days and met up with Rick, Olivia, and their boys. Then we went to McNeil's and watched the Utes game (which they won!) Then we went back up to the cabin, watched a movie, ate dinner, and went on a walk. It was a great weekend, and a little sad to be back already. Here is one of the pics from our "hike." Sorry my big head blocked the view of the mountains.

7 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh, fun little getaways with just the two of you. I think I remember those days. Thanks for coming and seeing us while you were in the area, it was fun to get together.

hingles said...

Who ever looks this good while camping???

Jadi said...

I am glad you guys had a good time! We miss the cabin. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Shauna and Sam said...

How fun hay! I love doing that kind of stuff! OH yeah the shower for you and annie is in the works, no worries! Sorry we didn't get internet in the new place till now. How is school going?

Bridget said...

So fun!! I miss you. Thanks for the call the other day. I start teaching tomorrow.

Meredith Shatzer said...

Haylee! I found your blog on Leah's - - I always forget you know each other. I'm so excited for you two with you little boy!! Hez and Rick were so excited but I don't think I've ever told you. Congrats!!

Brad & Britt said...

camping......one of the best possible things to do together when you are married! we love it!! where is your cabin, cause my family has one sort of up there...its in a place called alpine acres, up past thousand peaks ranch at the top of weber canyon.