Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tea for Two...or Twelve!


Today we had a fun little tea party at my mom's house with the grandkids and grandparents! It was really fun, and the food was really good! The girls played some games (pass the ring on the string, carry a marshmallow on a spoon and put it in a teacup, pin the lid on the teapot, and the girls got to decorate little purses to take home). My mom had such a fun time planning this and it turned out really cute! But, can you imagine bringing a baby boy into this family!!? Mom did promise to start some cowboy parties or something like that once baby Gunnerson gets here! Well, here are some of the pics! Enjoy!!

Here are some cute pictures from the day:






Here is a cute picture of the table:

Here are some of the pictures of the food! It was really yummy!! If you want more details and the recipe--go to my new food blog at hayleesfood.blogspot.com enjoy!!







And here is the cute invitation:

10 comments:

Chris, Heather, Gabe, and Marissa said...

So fun! I love all the food. How in the word did they get the sandwiches that color?

Bridget said...

Hey, I remember that salad! with orzo pasta and capers right? mmmm....so i checked your food blog...not there yet. love you!

Jake and Shannon Box said...

What a darling idea! And wow that food looks awesome...it makes me hungry. It was fun to see you on Saturday. Congrats about the baby boy...so much fun! You got just what you wanted!

Somers Family said...

Haylee, you do a fantastic blog, it is so much fun reading about what you've been up to! Congrats on the little boy! Good luck with everything, you will make an AWESOME mom!

The Gunnerson Family said...

What a fun little party. I would say that things will change quite a bit when little boy Gunnerson is born. Boys can be just as fun too, you just have to re-think what you think is fun! Boys rock!!!!!

alison said...

No one does parties quite like the Hodgkinson's!!!! What fun games, girls, and Pink, Pink, Pink!!! (no wonder you are excited about having a boy)! j/k. That food looks absolutely divine. Where can I get the recipes? Yummmy.

Jadi said...

I loved the ultra sound pictures. We are all excited to see this little boy!!!
The tea party looked amazing! Wow, you guys really know how to throw a party! Your mom has inspired me. I want to be a fun Grandma too! I am also excited to check out your recipe blog. The food looked amazing!

Marleen said...

Looks like such a fun party. The food looks very fun and festive.

Brad & Britt said...

ok, that is probably one of the coolest ideas that I want to tell my mom about when she will "oneday" become a "grandma". I love it! those little sandwiches were AWESEOME! and Congrats on having a BOy! YIPEE!

Sara said...

so. here I am. reading your blog.
WHAT IS GOING ON??
You are going to be a Mom, which sounds just about perfect. You'll be so good.