Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Baby Update!!!

First off, thanks to everyone that commented when we made the big announcement! Your enthusiasm made me a little less scared, and more excited!! Also, thanks for all the advice! Keep it coming! I went to the doctor yesterday and I got to hear the heart beat! It was amazing!! It is so weird to think that there is actually a little person inside of me! The doctor said that I haven't gained any weight yet, but that is ok. He said that my uterus is now the size of a grapefruit, and the baby is doing well. Oh, and for those of you that go for the "heartbeat gender rumor" our baby's heartbeat was 160--which means a girl!--but our doctor said that is just an old wife’s tale.

So, here is the best news!!! All of my friends have to wait to find out gender until 19, 20, 22+ weeks to find out the gender. I knew my doctor looks earlier than most but I thought he was going to tell me to come back in 4 weeks to find out the gender, but he said to come back in 3 weeks!! I will be 16 weeks then when I get to find out!! WAHOO!!! Hurry and make your votes on a girl or a boy! Darin and I are hoping for a boy, but would be thrilled with either!! I am just so excited to start a baby room!!! We are so excited to be parents!!

12 comments:

Eliza said...

Hearing the heartbeat really is amazing. I'm happy your little one is baking well. :-D

The old wives tale was RIGHT with Peter (his was always 135-140 bpm) but it was WRONG with this pregnancy. This pregnancy the heart rate has always been 160-170 and we're having another BOY!

I'm excited you get to find out so soon. That will be a fun post to see.

Mom C said...

Haylee - This is Boo Hoo Aunt Sue and we are so excited for you and Darin!!! Grandma Hodgkinson had told me several weeks ago that you were expecting and sick (so sorry - about the sick part). I am voting girl girl girl. I'm not sure why but that is what I am feeling. Love you so much.

clegger said...

3 more weeks! That is awesome. I bet you guys are dying to know if it's a boy or girl. I hope you have a little boy. :) So fun!
I am very impressed you haven't gained any weight. I think I gained 20 lbs. just in the first trimester. Bad idea! ;) I wish I had your good metabolism so that I could eat a huge meal like that at the Melting Pot, a piece of your Wedding Cake, and a feast of Bridal Shower food! Mmmmmmm.

clegger said...

3 more weeks! That is awesome. I bet you guys are dying to know if it's a boy or girl. I hope you have a little boy. :) So fun!
I am very impressed you haven't gained any weight. I think I gained 20 lbs. just in the first trimester. Bad idea! ;) I wish I had your good metabolism so that I could eat a huge meal like that at the Melting Pot, a piece of your Wedding Cake, and a feast of Bridal Shower food! Mmmmmmm.

Shauna and Sam said...

haylee you lucky dog you! I'm so jealous! But how exciting. I voted for a girl by the way :)

Katie said...

Congrats again Haylee, that is sooo exciting!!

McKenzie said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Kelli said...

Ahhh, that is so exciting. I know I just couldn't wait to find out the gender of Ella. When we went in for the ultrasound she had her legs crossed and they couldn't tell. They said it would be another 2-3 weeks until we could have another ultrasound. There was so way I could wait. So the next day we went to Fetal Foto's and found out we were having a girl! So exciting. I am excited for you two!!!!

Jadi said...

I am so excited to find out what you are having! I always loved to hear the heartbeats too. It makes it feel more real.

Ellen and Cameron said...

I'm going to guess a boy! Jake's heart beat was always really fast and EVERYONE thought it was a girl! So i'm going to go agaist the old rule!

My advice: enjoy pregnancy! I was such a worry wort my whole pregnancy and then when it was over I realized I didn't enjoy every moment like I could have. Its such an amazing time. Take time to sit in quit and feel your childs sweet spirit!

rachel said...

Haylee...I am so jealous! We won't find out what we're having until I'm 20 weeks along (August 11th) - maybe we'll find out about the same time?! Well I am a little partial to boys - so my vote is on a boy...although my attitude might change if I find out our baby #2 is a girl! :) Can't wait to hear!

Brad & Britt said...

ok so based off of your "BLUE" blog background...i. am going to think that your gut instinct is that it will be a BOY....so my vote is a BOY!

you will be such a cute mommy!